First Kill

Talk related to anything & everything.
canyonhunter
Spike
Spike

Re: First Kill

Post by canyonhunter » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:00 pm

My first animal was about 4 or 5 months ago, I went up above my grandparents house with my dad, 4 cousins (Mark, Seth, Dave and Andrew), and was looking for a spike elk Dave had seen the night before. We got there and about 15 minutes after we got up there we seen the elk headin over to a little spring. My dad and I started the mile long stock to get to the elk. When we got down there the elk were on the hill adjacent to us about 400 yards away. I took the first shot and hit but got so excited that I couldn't hit him while he was walking toward me. After 5 more shots he was about 250 yards when he bedded down and I hit him in the leg. He stood back up and I shot him in the spine and he dropped with my last bullet. My cousins had started to head down and while they were coming down I looked over and the elk was standing on its front legs. We didn't know what to do but then we remembered the bullet I had dropped while I was loading my gun. We went and found it and then finished it off. That was my first big game animal.
Attachments
Canyon's '08 spike #2.jpg
Canyon's '08 spike #2.jpg (82.71 KiB) Viewed 2298 times

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:02 pm

my first buck,lope and bear taken the year I turned 12,killed some game in TX prior to these but they were just livestock behind a highfence,no sport involved.

my first elk taken the year i turned 12 (Dad wouldnt let me hunt elk till I was able to shoot the -06
My first year trapping I took a pile of muskrats,a few mallards a ditch cat amd my trophy coon...think I was 10
first elk kill I was in on...

ktowncamo
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ktowncamo » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:24 pm

Great stories. Thanks for sharing.

AntlersOutWest - upper setting road? Good to hear a gal out running the boys to get the kill.
http://www.camofire.com - PULL THE TRIGGER!