Help me with my fathers day present

Talk related to anything & everything.
hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Help me with my fathers day present

Post by hound_hunter » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 pm

I'll be gone this year for fathers day.. and honestly I never really do too much to let the old man know how much I care. Well this year I wanted to think of something unique I could do. I was thinking I would find an artist to make a quality pencil sketch from a photo (that I haven't really decided on which one exactly yet) from one of our hunting trips and have it framed and mailed to my dad. Do any of you know someone who does or could/would do something like this?
Thanks for any info. I've e-mailed a couple artists and am waiting for responses, we'll see what happens.

OR, does anyone have any other creative ideas for fathers day presents? (Keeping in mind I wont actually be there)

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Re: Help me with my fathers day present

Post by sneekeepete » Fri May 01, 2009 6:03 am

Well hound hunter I have a friend in Montana that does amazing pictures with drawing pens. I will try and get a hold of him for you to see if he has enough time for your drawing. I know he is a busy guy so let me check on that for you. :thumb
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

canyonhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by canyonhunter » Sat May 02, 2009 7:57 pm

My dad is Randsom Owens and he might be able to do a sketch for you. Would it be of you and your dad or an animal?

Canyon

ABert

Post by ABert » Sat May 02, 2009 9:05 pm

Best thing my mom ever said I gave her for Mum's Day, even though you are asking about your father, was a letter straight from the heart thanking her for everything she had done for me growing up. Even brought a tear to her eye. I was also overseas at the time.

The sketch is a great idea but think about throwing in a letter, too. Even if it is just about the great time you had during the time the picture was taken.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Sun May 03, 2009 6:31 am

Sneekeepete, I would definitely appreciate you looking into your friend in Montana for me. I've decided on the picture (about 90% sure) and I think I want the sketch about 8x10 inches.

Canyonhunter, I guess one of the things about these forums is you never really know who your associated with. Your dad, as you know, does some incredible wildlife paintings. I have only seen a couple of them, and all were mule deer, but I was very impressed with what I saw. If you get a chance to ask him if he does sketches and is willing to work on a custom one for me that would be greatly appreciated.

Abert, I like your style. I will try and get something sent out with the sketch if it works out. And as for mothers day, I was stumped on what to send, so I am having flowers delivered with a little custom note attached.

Let me know what all of you find out, and thank you all for the input and possible artists who might be able to make this happen. My e-mail is w_gleave@hotmail.com just in case...?

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Sun May 03, 2009 6:37 am

Oh, and the picture (more than likely) is going to be of the first hunt we got the girls to go on. So there are 5 of us in the picture plus an animal. This was the second most memorable hunt of my life. The picture is nice, with my youngest brother hanging on/hugging my dads shoulder, and then with all the other family in there it makes it a nice photo as far as memorability goes.

Thanks again everyone, hopefully something works out.

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Sun May 03, 2009 1:40 pm

Hound Hunter I finally got ahold of my friend and he is out of town working. He is a logger by trade and is out of the state for about a month and a half. He said he would love to do it for you but he won't be able to do it for at least two months or so. Sorry for that bad news but maybe another time.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

canyonhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by canyonhunter » Sun May 03, 2009 2:05 pm

Hey houndhunter, my dad says to email him a picture, ransom@scinternet.net, and that he has to see the picture before he will make a commitment.

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Sun May 03, 2009 10:50 pm

Canyon, I appreciate you talking to your dad about it so quickly. I sent him an e-mail, and in case the one you gave me was missing the d in his name I sent it to both possible addresses as well as an e-mail account I found on his website. Hopefully something will work out, but let him know I appreciate his considering it either way.

sneekeepete, Also a big thanks to you for tracking down the guy you know and looking into this for me. There are some great guys on this forum, and I appreciate the kind gesture on my behalf. If things don't work out with Mr. Randsom Owens then I will let you know and get the information for your friend. I would like to give this as a fathers day present, but since I'll be gone anyways he will just be happy enough getting something from me unexpected that he wont care that it's a late present.

Thanks to all! I'll let you guys know how things go.