What do you think?

Talk related to anything & everything.
Sniper1
Spike
Spike

Re: What do you think?

Post by Sniper1 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:58 am

I would tell you what i would i do. If in that situation with a tag in hand same as with the spider bull instance. I would hunt that animal and anybody that decided to try to stop me from shootin him. :) You spend a life time tryin for a tag like this and after years finally you get it to find out some rich man bought a tag and has spent thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars and tied up the biggest animal on the unit. There would be a war. :thumb
Aim Small Miss Small

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:45 am

I know the Montana Missouri Breaks country quite well. I also know where the big horn Sheep are, seen them many times while deer hunting and bird hunting.
And for sure there are outfitters that know where the sheep hang out. The way I understand it, the sheep tags are in a drawing for the public, average "Joes" type Montana residents. Non-residents can get "up" too 10% of the tags.
Montana residents that would be willing to pay outfitters fees like that? I don't think so!

This is a fact. The Sheep in the Breaks hang out in the Huge 1,100,000 acre Charles M Russel Wildlife Refuge. Open to public hunting. Not on private land. Outfitters can control some access, but, trails are open to the public. Maps of all trails are available to the public [google CMR Refuge]

I think this article was written with no verification.

muleywannabe
2 point
2 point

Post by muleywannabe » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:22 am

unfortunately its not fair chase hunting and its rediculous. i agree with Guy's point of view on this, I feel that the governors tags are going to non grateful people.

ABert

Post by ABert » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:22 pm

waynedevore wrote:I know the Montana Missouri Breaks country quite well. I also know where the big horn Sheep are, seen them many times while deer hunting and bird hunting.
And for sure there are outfitters that know where the sheep hang out. The way I understand it, the sheep tags are in a drawing for the public, average "Joes" type Montana residents. Non-residents can get "up" too 10% of the tags.
Montana residents that would be willing to pay outfitters fees like that? I don't think so!

This is a fact. The Sheep in the Breaks hang out in the Huge 1,100,000 acre Charles M Russel Wildlife Refuge. Open to public hunting. Not on private land. Outfitters can control some access, but, trails are open to the public. Maps of all trails are available to the public [google CMR Refuge]

Thanks for clarifying my confusion. I just couldn't see how an outfitter could block all access to public land by bribing local land owners. Particularly in the mountains where sheep tend to hang out.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

halibutaddict
Spike
Spike

Post by halibutaddict » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:48 pm

waynedevore wrote:I know the Montana Missouri Breaks country quite well. I also know where the big horn Sheep are, seen them many times while deer hunting and bird hunting.

Did you miss last years mess with the F&G sting?The only thing they ever got on them was trespassing to kill that monster ram,apparently some of the big ones are hanging out on private.If there was a 200" ram on public ground he would have been shot by now,there are quite a few tags and a ton of outfitters,he wouldnt make it this long hanging out on public.I grew up in Jordan and have lots of family in the area,my uncle flys scouting flights for these "outfitters" prior" to the season,the real monsters are on private,thats how they get to be monsters.Eastman is right,this pay to play BS is going to be the downfall of our sport and any record book that allows BS entrys like the spider bull has lost any respect I had for it.

182BC...4Now!
2 point
2 point

Post by 182BC...4Now! » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:51 pm

Did they remove the story or something? When I click on the link, I don't see anything about what ya'll are talking about....would be interested in reading the article though. Maybe I'm blind and it's right in front of me, but I can't seem to find it. :-k

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:08 am

haha yea i was woundering what the heck ya'l was talkn bout i dont see any thing on what your talkn bout
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”-john wayne

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:58 am

182BC...4Now! wrote:Did they remove the story or something? When I click on the link, I don't see anything about what ya'll are talking about....would be interested in reading the article though. Maybe I'm blind and it's right in front of me, but I can't seem to find it. :-k
+1 ??? i was wondering why everyone is so mad at a poor taxidermy job??

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:41 am

They removed the story I guess. I just looked at the link.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28