Re: how should i do my eroupean mount?

Post by MULIES4EVER » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:44 am

notenuftags, that is very impressive. I really like that. =D>

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Re: how should i do my eroupean mount?

Post by NotEnufTags » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:01 am

Muley Shed Freak wrote:Thats a great idea NotEnoughTags! How long did the process take?
For me the bulk of the process was the work involved in picking all the meat off the skull while simmering in Sal soda. Once the skull was whitened the Diorama didn't take too long. I spent an afternoon making the base with the 1/4" mesh wire attached. I took a day to go shed hunting and pick up the right piece of dead sage and desert grasses.

Here's the shed I found that day.
big two point.JPG
big two point.JPG (31.23 KiB) Viewed 2182 times
I ended up dipping strips of news paper in flour water to lay over the mesh. On my first attempt the rock mix was too thin so the newpaper layer (like making a pinata) worked great to spread the rock mix upon. I let the news paper dry one night and did the rock mix the next day. It took a day to dry. The diorama process took me about four days. The skull cleaning/peroxide whitening took me longer than that, but I'm a novice.

I used an old tent stake (nail type) driven through the bottom of the base, as a support for the sage brush piece. I drilled a hole into the bottom of the dead sage so that I could slide the sage down onto the nail. The rock mix holds the sage down onto the diorama base.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."