Tag info Needed

Talk related to anything & everything.
a_bow_nut

Re: Tag info Needed

Post by a_bow_nut » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:32 pm

Another nice thing about Utah if you are a nonresident is that you can apply for more that one species at a time.

This is right out of this years guidebook.

Nonresidents
If you’re a nonresident, you may apply for
permits or bonus points for all limited-entry and
once-in-a-lifetime species. However, you may
not apply for a permit and a bonus point for the
same species.
Please remember that you may draw only
one limited-entry or once-in-a-lifetime permit
each year.

So after your $65 for your hunting tag (which includes your fishing lisence also) it's just another $10 for each animal that you put in for.

Here is a link that will show you the draw odds for each hunt that decide to put in for.

http://wildlife.utah.gov/hunting/biggam ... esults.pdf

Only after you have drawn the permit will they charge you the money for that tag. It's just the hunting lisence and the application fee that is charged up front.
Hope that this helps and good luck.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:43 pm

On another note I agree with killer as to just work on a couple of states. I will be starting with Arizona and while I play the points game for the harder to draw tags I will also head down for some of the other hunting adventures that they have to offer like javelina, doves, quail, and various predators. That way it won't feel like I'm just throwing money away waiting for that one coveted tag.

So if there is a state that is close to you that has some of the trophy animals that you are after in it. Then look to see what other kind hunting that they have there and enjoy as much of it as you can until the time comes for the hunt of a lifetime.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:40 pm

You can subscribe to the huntin Fool and you will recive detailed info monthly about the draw process for all the western states. It is 100.00 per year for the magazine 12 issues, I used to subscribe and it was helpful as it kept me up to date on all the Western states applications.

http://www.huntinfool.com/
THE LORD IS MY ROCK