careers

Talk related to anything & everything.
killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:43 pm

I'm waiting till i finish a little project then i'll post a reply with some pics

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:22 pm

alright
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

Jeff
2 point
2 point

Post by Jeff » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:03 pm

I startes off in The US yacht club (3 years), then moved on to building houses(15 years) and just got hired as a superintendent for a pretty big home builder, I don't think school is necessary for the jobs I have had, but I would rather go to school than have those jobs again.

J0n
Spike
Spike

Post by J0n » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:33 pm

Right now I'm a student at Boise State University. I don't know what to tell you about a career, because I don't even now what I want to do. But I can say college is a blast! You meet a bunch of interesting people and have the opportunity to be exposed to all kinds of different ideas and way's of thinking. Even if you don't like high school don't write college off right away. Give it a chance.

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:42 pm

im a mason and you have to go through6 years of schooling and 4 years on the job before you are a mason jk lol youve just gotta be patient and learn

Elko
2 point
2 point

Post by Elko » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:25 pm

I am currently working at a bank as the customer service manager. It is a great job and requires any bachelor's degree but the bank prefers a business degree background. The nice thing is I get between 3-4 weeks off during the year and as long as I take the wife on vacation for at least one of those I can use the rest for hunting season. Just make sure that you choose a job because you love it and then do your best and it will all work out.

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:39 am

I got drafted into the Army shortly after high school, put in 2 yrs active duty.
Maybe should have stayed, had an opportunity to go to West Point. In 1970 the US Army was not the place to be.

Anyway went to work for a building contractor [homes] worked my way up to project supervisor, then started my own business in 1980. Things went well as a building contractor and I retired at the age of 50.

Now I keep very busy with a cattle ranch and hobby sawmill.

For a hard working young guy, there are opportunities in construction without a college degree.

There is nothing like being self employed as far as taking time to hunt, and do things you enjoy.

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:01 am

I've been in the law enforcement business for over 20 years after a brief "career" in minor league baseball.

I began my law enforcement career as a fish & game warden. However, after I realized I wasn't going to be able to take vacation during hunting season (busiest time of year for a warden), I lateralled to a major law enforcement agency in southern California (over 4000 sworn). I've been there for 19 years. I am currently a Lieutenant in charge of a full-time 32 man SWAT Team located in the center of our county. I've been a member of our SWAT unit since 1991 and have held all ranks on the team up to my current rank.

My career in CA law enforcement is superb. The retirement system is second to none....either private sector or professional. I can retire at age 50 and earn 3% for each year of service (90% max). Example: I began at 20 years old (academy). When I turn 50 I will have 30 years on. That's 90% of my earnings (3x30). Add my 9% buy back (afforded to management) and I will retire at 99% of my highest years earnings!

Of course it doesn't come without sacrifice. Look where I have to live (so Cal) and the type of people I deal with continuously. But when I'm 50....look out Wyoming!
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:38 pm

im liking all these careers of your and keep gettin more ideas. but i would still like to here more
Cody

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:28 pm

Killerbee did you get that project finished?
Cody