Just a few pics

Talk related to anything & everything.
bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:20 pm

o i see. maybe you know my pops. he used to work in the oilfield out there 10 0r so years ago. his names kelly lunceford
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

Deserthunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Deserthunter » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:47 pm

Bigbuck92 -- The name doesn't ring a bell, who did he work for? I don't remember a lot of people from that period, I had a small child pass away from cancer and went through a divorce. Was kind of lost for a few years. Moved to Evanston in 77', I think.

On a happier note, when was the last time you drew out? Do you manage to get out their hunting other times. I also loved to dove hunt and "Little Mountain" had a few old corals with some dead Cottonwood trees around them. It was hard not to get a limit in 10-15mins. Before it was a "Draw" area, the Bookcliffs area I hunted gave me a nice 3 or 4 point every year since 1966. Like I say, I was very lucky. When I said I drew out for a Cow elk, actually, I drew out for 2 in a row, freezer was full for a few years. But I'd give it all up for just one more "Deer" hunt out their.

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:52 pm

nah i was still in diapers when it went back to draw. he worked for flit back then. so i take it you werent working in the oilfields in the 90's. you probaly dont know him then
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

chet
Monster
Monster

Post by chet » Wed May 02, 2007 3:56 pm

gotta love the dillon machinery, best there is!

Deserthunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Deserthunter » Wed May 02, 2007 4:38 pm

It took me many years of telling my wife how much time I would save by using the Dillon equip.....Time that could be spent doing "Honey dooooo's".

I'm just now getting it up and running, lots of adjustments to make, lots of buttons, screws, bells and whistles.... Almost to many for this old man....

I can't tell you how many thousands of rounds have been loaded thru the little green machine to the right of the Dillon. 9mm, 38spl., .357mag, 40S&W, 30 carbine, 44mag, 22-250, 22-250AI, 270win and 270AI, .243win., 7mm Mag., .308win., 30:06, 300 Weatherby. So you see, it doesn't take the dillon to have a lot of fun......

I've worked hard to get the room the way I want it. It was just carpeted, my feet can't take the cement, re-painted, bench reinforced for the Dillon, the list goes on and on. I bought the Dillon, mainly because I can't get out as often (in the Desert, etc.) as I used to be able to. So going thru 3-400 rounds of pistol ammo in the afternoon keeps me happy.

By the way, my wife says I'm not spending anymore time with her.......

chet
Monster
Monster

Post by chet » Wed May 02, 2007 4:45 pm

I get in such a "trans" when reloading, that low powder sensor makes me jump right outta my skin!!!! scares the livin daylights outts me!!!!

I have the shotgun press too.....with the auto case feeder and all.... dont know how i lived without it!

Deserthunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Deserthunter » Wed May 02, 2007 5:09 pm

There's not enough room in this room for the Shotgun reloading equipment, it's in another room. Been around for awhile. It's a Size-O-Matic model 800B 12Ga.
For many many years Dad had a membership to the Ambasador Club (Irvine Ranch) north and west of the SLC airport. From the time I was 12yrs old till last year, when Dad passed away, I hunted with him many times a year. Several years ago he signed it over to me, I took my trailer out to the club and stayed out their a lot. Dad told me he would leave it to me, however, something happened and he sold it just before he passed away. I can't tell you how much I miss it and HIM.

chet
Monster
Monster

Post by chet » Wed May 02, 2007 6:02 pm

your last name wouldnt by chance be richards would it?

Deserthunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Deserthunter » Thu May 03, 2007 5:57 am

Sorry, It's not. Why do you ask?
Image Another shot of the "Our Camp" on the "Ridge" in the Bookcliffs. You can see, we don't exactly modify the land, you can hardly tell each year where are camp is. We're careful not to disturb the land to much.
Image This is my "Roughing" is rig. Now that I've gotten older and have a wife the same way, we like "Roughing" it this way.
This is my oldest Son, doing what he likes best. He has a large collection of older rifles, mostly in small calibers, some as small as .17AH. He lives in Muncie IN. now and they can't use high powered rifles to hunt with, so he's adapted. He also loves beautiful wood on his rifles, the one in the picture is a 204 falling block w/ Unertil scope, (spelling on Unertil might be wrong)

ImageBy the way, how would you like to hunt with these 10 cal's?

chet
Monster
Monster

Post by chet » Thu May 03, 2007 8:41 am

I knew a richards that hunted ambassador....

interesting ammo!