70,000 beer cans found in home

Talk related to anything & everything.
79Ford
Monster
Monster

Re: 70,000 beer cans found in home

Post by 79Ford » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:27 pm

Hiker wrote:(X) Wow! That's a lot of beer. I had some guys that were camped up the hill from us one year on a bow hunt that could pound down the beer like that.
I'd be finding a new area to hunt. I never understood the whole drinking and hunting thing. It's hard enough to make a clean shot while sober, why would I want to try it while impaired....

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:49 pm

They were something else. I don't recall them drinking before they'd go hunting in the morning but when they got back around noon, they'd start pounding them down. Now that I think about it, they didn't even hunt the evenings, which is a good thing. They would go through at least a case and a half to 2 cases of beer per day, just the 2 of them. That was the only year I saw them and we hunted that area for 2-3 years. They would hunt elk trails from a tree stand. I found out later one of them even connected and bow killed a elk from it.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

camodup
3 point
3 point

Post by camodup » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:14 pm

70,000 beer cans huh? Sounds like one heck of a party. imagine how much you could get if you recycled all that!!
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Pro Staff for Northern Utah Waterfowl
Duck Junkies Field Staff

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:03 pm

Insanity! Although the recycling would certainly bring in some cash, just think about how much they spent on beer alone.

Although I quit drinking about 8 years ago, I certainly remember some pretty wild nights back in my younger days in the Navy. However, I don't think we even approached the level seen here!