opinion on high fence hunts

Talk related to anything & everything.
bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:04 pm

cows are raised for food cb. they arent or arent supossed to be wild. but high fenced establishments the animals are raised to get big racks so who ever has the prettiest penny can shoot and hang it on there wall. im totaly with nonya and everybody else on this subject
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

muley crazy 1
Fawn
Fawn

Post by muley crazy 1 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:11 pm

ok so let me get this striaght none of you guys hunt hay fields or plant

food plots the only thing i did different was it had a fence. it wasnt in a

pen it was a 100 acres with a fence.

anyways i can hunt anywhere i want

muley crazy 1
Fawn
Fawn

Post by muley crazy 1 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:14 pm

thanks to the very few of you for your postive comments i cant say anything for the rest of you.

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:18 pm

muley crazy 1 wrote:ok so let me get this striaght none of you guys hunt hay fields or plant

food plots?...

nope. cant say i have
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

Mark
3 point
3 point

Post by Mark » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:32 pm

muley crazy 1 wrote:ok so let me get this striaght none of you guys hunt hay fields or plant

food plots the only thing i did different was it had a fence. it wasnt in a

pen it was a 100 acres with a fence.

anyways i can hunt anywhere i want

No, I don't hunt food plots and I don't hunt hay fields. And neither did you in this case. Your elk was inside of a fenced enclosure. You hunted an elk that had no opportunity to escape you in a 100acre enclosure (pen). That's not what most of us consider hunting so don't try to defend it as such.

What you did was legal and I am not putting you down for it. If you want to shoot animals in fenced enclosures, go for it. It's your money and it's your "sport." You can even call it hunting if it makes you feel better about it.

The only people that will side with you on this matter are those that hunt enclosures. I don't think you'll find much support on this site. From the sound of your very first post on the subject you're not finding a lot of support anywhere in the hunting community.

You can't compare the agricultural fields or food plots to fenced hunts. It's not even close to being the same. But like you said, you can't "hunt" anywhere you want.
Hoyt

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:42 pm

Muley Crazy 1, just a like a couple others pointed out...you ASKED for our opinions. If you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question.
I agree 100% with NONYA and Mark...and most everyone else on the subject.

Coloradobuck, no one is carrying out a personal attack...we answered the question that Muley Cazy 1 asked us honestly and directly, nothing more.

muley crazy 1
Fawn
Fawn

Post by muley crazy 1 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:47 pm

yes you are right but thanks for your comments hahaha just kidding

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:32 pm

the one thing i do strongly think should be stated is although like i said before i'm not at all for it but we do need to remember the bigger fight is for the anti's. even though it's not what we consider hunting, there is enough people who do call it hunting that we need to keep them on the pro - hunting side. we should save are battles for bigger things.

BUT I STILL WOULD NOT CALL IT HUNTING.

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:56 pm

Canned hunting is the antis hole card,they use footage of poorly done pen hunts to bring people who have no opinion about hunting to their side.Its not hunting at all,its killing stock with a hunting weapon,its in poor taste and it endagers all of our hunting futures.You cant be pasive to it when it is being used by the antis to take away your rights,it also endagers all the wild game in your state,the ONLY cases of CWD found in Montana were in PENNED elk herds,you hear storys of these animnals escaping all the time,do you wan to loose your wild elk herds because jo blow let a few elk out of his pens?The if its legal its ok attitude will not protect your free ranging herds from these operations,think about it. :nono:

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:00 am

Nuff said on this topic, officially locked.