Amazing things you have seen.......

Talk related to anything & everything.
MuliesnMerriams
2 point
2 point

Post by MuliesnMerriams » Thu May 17, 2007 1:55 pm

Wow agchawk that is quite the story. If that hunt would have been much longer you guys may not have made it out a live!

loco4muleys
3 point
3 point

Post by loco4muleys » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:45 pm

Great stories, guys. Here's one:
Back when I was a kid, young enough that I can't remember it, we were campin on a deer huntin trip here in California. My dad stepped out of the camper one morning and almost stepped on a doe that had been sleeping at the step of our trailer! But the deer didn't run off, it just stood up and hung out around camp. My grandpa named it Sabrina and it would let people pet it and feed it. It was crazy, considering it was out in the middle of nowhere, not tamed because it lived by a bunch of houses. Here's the best part: Several years later, my dad and grandpa are deer hunting close to where "Sabrina" had been several years before. As they're drivin along, my grandpa yells "Sabrina!" and jumps out of the truck while it's still rolling and runs after this doe. Sure enough, it was Sabrina. Somehow, he saw her and knew it was her, even though she had no tags or anything on her. My dad figured he was just bein funny and it turned out to be the right deer! With as few deer as there are in California, what are the odds of pickin the right doe out randomly several years after you saw it?
One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:05 am

i must have missed this post, AGC that sounds like the hunt from the dark side for sure!! i can see the new reason for not likeing ATV's since then! i really dont care for them at all for hunting either. i do usually load up my dads 4x4 quad before i leave just in case i need it to retreive game. but in about 4 yrs i've never even unloaded it! anything i've killed i was a ways in anyways and where i could not us it so i just kept packing it out all the way to the truck on my frame pack. they are the most ABUSED tool by hunters these days, or i should say "so called hunters" there is a place for them. but using them for 99% of your hunt is not the place for them!!!