Herriman Utah Fire.

Talk related to anything & everything.
camodup
3 point
3 point

Herriman Utah Fire.

Post by camodup » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:28 pm

With the gnarly fire that started in Camp Williams and spread over into Herriman, destroying a few homes and evacuation of the whole town, just wondering if it may have effected anybody on here. Whether it be their homes or families or friends, or even with their hunting this year. If it had just wanted to wish you all the best luck on getting back on your feet!

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12508885

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12513662

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12528458
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Pro Staff for Northern Utah Waterfowl
Duck Junkies Field Staff

StickBoy
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Herriman Utah Fire.

Post by StickBoy » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:05 am

We had some friends that were two streets in and got pushed out of their home. They stayed at our place the night and was allowed back in the next day. I took the spotter up on the hill and viewed the flames at about midnight....It looked pretty scary.

-c

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:08 pm

Just Unbelievable the fire started that way.
“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear

firefighterbraun
3 point
3 point

Post by firefighterbraun » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:24 pm

That was a pretty intense fire. Could have been a lot worse though. The 3 houses that burned down had wood shingles on them and is a big reason why they burnt down. Plus down in that area they just keep building further up in the hills and don't do the proper fire protection around their homes. I see it all the time in the mountains and around cabins. But what can you do? You can only tell people so much and then it's their own choice. The big fire ripping and roaring now thats burning up a lot of hunting ground is the Twitchell fire down by Beaver. A couple guys from our dept. have been down there for about 2 weeks already and its still only about 30% contained and burned about 45,000 acres. Last I heard they had about 500 wildland firefighters working on that one. Hopefully they can get that one under control soon.....otherwise I might be getting called down there just in time to miss the rifle hunt.....which would suck. LOL

Snake River Marksman
3 point
3 point

Post by Snake River Marksman » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:56 am

I just don't understand why people don't do the fire mitigation stuff either. I also don't understand why they don't put a sprinkler up on the roof, turn it on and then get the burn out but that's just me I guess. I suppose a great many of those folks in that community were at work when all this started too.
Stupidity is expensive