Inlaws or Elk

Talk related to anything & everything.
maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Inlaws or Elk

Post by maintguy47 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Well, my sister inlaw has finally done it. Out of 365 days I take only 10 for myself in the month of sept to hunt Elks. She went and scheuld that side of the familys reunion right slap in the middle of my hunt. After 31 yrs of marrige she has managed to create a possible serious problem between my wife and I. And on top of that she plans a disco night during this three day reunion that is 1000 miles in the oppisite deriction of where I want to be that week. What ya think guys, disco and inlaws or campfires and Elk bugals ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Re: Inlaws or Elk

Post by Coloradobuck » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:32 pm

go huntn man lol. my grandpa missed babys being born missed weddings all that to go huntn as do i lol ied go huntn
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”-john wayne

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:22 am

If you have a family like mine...........Go hunting. That's what i would do just because the extended family hates me :)) But ya just keep it with close family, go hunting with your kids if you have any :thumb
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:18 am

Let's see polyester leisure suit and disco or camo and elk? Hmmmm. :-k

Mark

buckykm1
2 point
2 point

Post by buckykm1 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:39 am

maintguy47 wrote:Well, my sister inlaw has finally done it. Out of 365 days I take only 10 for myself in the month of sept to hunt Elks. She went and scheuld that side of the familys reunion right slap in the middle of my hunt. After 31 yrs of marrige she has managed to create a possible serious problem between my wife and I. And on top of that she plans a disco night during this three day reunion that is 1000 miles in the oppisite deriction of where I want to be that week. What ya think guys, disco and inlaws or campfires and Elk bugals ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

That is a no brain-er for me, my wife knows i am going Elk hunting, you can go see your in laws anytime.

Kevin

ABert

Post by ABert » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:02 am

I've missed a couple of my brothers-in-law weddings due to their poor scheduling. My wife went to them, though, and had no problem with me doing my hunting. I let them know right away that I wouldn't be there as I would be hunting. My father-in-law agreed with me, too :thumb
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:29 am

no question if it was me, they can change the dates, or have a great time without me being there.
then again, as soon as my wife found out the dates were in september, she'd tell em before i even found out that I wouldn't make it.
thats just silly, who plans stuff during elk seasong???

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:40 am

I agree with all that has been said above. To me hunting season is pretty much a family reunion in it's own special way and wouldn't miss it for anything less than tragedy.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

buckykm1
2 point
2 point

Post by buckykm1 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:45 am

on some threads we just don't all agree, BUT, on this one we sure do, the sister in law :>/ just needs to do better planning .

No one can mess with our Elk hunting .

Kevin

Trout&Trees
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Trout&Trees » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:20 am

Them elk ain't gonna shoot themselves. #-o