Attn: waspocrew & highcountryarchery

Talk related to anything & everything.
gizmo1
2 point
2 point

Attn: waspocrew & highcountryarchery

Post by gizmo1 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:28 pm

Hey if ya'll want some more info on public land Texas hunts give me an idea of what your wanting and I can get you some info. Like I said I live in the panhandle so outside of the 26 panhandle counties I'll have to do some digging. We do have great whitetail hunt up here though and do have huge whiteys in addition to mule deer. From I-40 south in the panhandle almost all counties are 5 deer(whitetail, 1 buck per county w/ max of 3 bucks statewide per license year) counties plus you get a muley buck tag. But.... you do need to check the specific county listings. The great the is though you can go to a neighboring county and shoot another buck. All of the rules and regs are online at the Texas Parks and Wildlife website and it gives you specific county listings as well as the contact info for the wardens office and cell #s for the wardens themselves. Do check the regs carefully though, there are a few places like Lake Merideth that encompasses 3 counties but has it's own set bag limits with in its boarders (whitetail- 1 buck 2 does mule deer- 1 buck all seasons combined).
Romans 13: 1-4

highcountryarchery
Spike
Spike

Re: Attn: waspocrew & highcountryarchery

Post by highcountryarchery » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:27 pm

hey thanks for the info i wish everyone would put up a lil deal about applying in different states cause some are pretty hard to find where to do it the first time

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Re: Attn: waspocrew & highcountryarchery

Post by waspocrew » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:32 am

I probably won't be able to go on one of these hunts for a few years (I'm still in college), but I definitely appreciate all of the info!