What you should know before you Shoot !

Talk related to anything & everything.
elklover
Spike
Spike

What you should know before you Shoot !

Post by elklover » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:57 am

There have been nine accidents since this year during the deer hunting season. According to the Iowa DNR those numbers are lower than last year.

Hunters get so excited when they see that deer that they just don't pay attention where anyone is. You got that adrenaline running through you, thinking 'ah I'm going to kill this deer' and you just start shooting. Well half the time you got to pay attention, look at your surroundings. zzz

It's important to map out where all the hunters are going to be located so there's no chance of someone shooting in that direction. :thumb

The thick-wooded area makes seeing other hunters extremely difficult that's why the bright colors help.

Usually we wear fairly light clothing and everybody wears as much orange as possible because we don't want to get shot. 10sign:

Bottom line, before you head out hunting, know who you're with, and where everyone is going to be.
Find Best Exotic Deer hunting options.

killerbee

Re: What you should know before you Shoot !

Post by killerbee » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:55 am

elklover wrote: Well half the time you got to pay attention, look at your surroundings. zzz

the other half of your time you can just blaze away...............

J/k, i couldn't help myself :))

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Re: What you should know before you Shoot !

Post by Mularcher » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:27 pm

I talked my wife into taking a hunters safety course a couple years ago and I remember her saying “know your target and beyond” was kind of a big part of the class. Maybe we need a reminder course every five years?
“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear