Talk related to anything & everything.
ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:34 pm

Sorry for venting. If you guys didn't know, I'm an electrician and I was just finishing up a job on a new house with 20' ceilings. We have a double sided 16' A-frame ladder to work from but the thing is very heavy and awkward to manhandle by ones self. I got help getting it into the house earlier today but by 4:30 this afternoon, nobody was around. I was just getting ready to drag it out of the house, when a landscaper pulled up to used the outhouse right in front of my job. I asked the guy if he could help me get the ladder through the door and onto my truck. It would take less than a minute. He said no! He was in too big of a hurry. Not to use the restroom but to get back to "his job". I once again asked "please", the ladder is heavy and I could really use the help for just one minute. He just shook his head "NO" and drove off. :>/ I did get the ladder on my truck and my back doen't feel too good right now but he'll get his someday. I asked him if he knew what Karma was and he said no. I told him that he just might find out soon enough. :) Seriously, people are so selfish nowdays. :nono:
There's always next year

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Karma

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Pretty surprising he said no, kinda crazy I tell ya. Simple favor.

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:49 pm

Years ago, I was riding with a guy out on East Zion looking at deer when we came up on a truck that was stuck in the mud about 5' off the shoulder on highway 9. The guys had a toe strap ready to go but the guy I was with, told them no, he wouldn't pull them out. Too risky for damage or a scratch to the bumper. He told the guys good luck and drove off. I sure lost a lot of respect for that guy after that. :>/
There's always next year

maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Post by maintguy47 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:48 pm

Karma may have been the force that knocked the portapotty over as I was attemping to load the ladder by myself. :-$

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Post by derekp1999 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:52 pm

maintguy47 wrote:Karma may have been the force that knocked the portapotty over as I was attemping to load the ladder by myself. :-$
+1. Would that porta-potty have had a good chance of landing door-side down, too??? lol
Just help each other out a little bit & we'd all be so much better off.
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:19 pm

Imagine the the Karma Josh Powell has coming.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

stillhunterman
2 point
2 point

Post by stillhunterman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:47 am

Sorry the guy was a d. bag ridge. And you're right, what goes around comes around, and usually sooner than later! :thumb

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:50 am

What a dic! I would have driven from Tremonton to help you and he could not walk a few feet. total A-hole. As for your friend that would not help out the stranded vehicle I had a friend do the same thing on a deer hunt near Richfield. I don't think we could have pulled him out where he was unless he busted up the stuck truck but we could have tried. but no my buddy just said Sorry guys looks like you there for the night and drove off.
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Post by dahlmer » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:45 pm

Tough deal Ridgetop. Wouldn't have taken him five minutes to give you a hand. I have to give a big thanks to a couple of guys that got us out of a nasty bind this year in Colorado. Without their help we might still be there. Hope karma comes back their way.

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:26 pm

I know that you're too ethical to ever do it, but if you were to post up the name of his company, we could help Karma get started. As far as leaving anyone stuck, I could never do it, too much conscience I guess. -----SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen