Richfield, Utah... A place to raise a family?

Talk related to anything & everything.
PhillyB
3 point
3 point

Richfield, Utah... A place to raise a family?

Post by PhillyB » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:32 am

Hey guys and gals-
I have recently interviewed for a job in Richfield and if given the opportunity, plan to accept it.
I currently live in Las Vegas and my family and inner sportsman have outgrown the city limits an the lights of Vegas.

I have been through Richfield a time or two, but I am not familiar with the surrounding area. So I have a few questions for those that live or have lived in the area.

1. If working in Richfield, do most people live in town or in other smaller towns within reasonable distance?
2. How is the school system?
3. Where should we live vs. not live? We will have to rent for a few months before we can buy, but where should we be looking?
4. What should I know about Richfield? The surrounding areas?

This is a dream of my family to live in a small rural community with my line of work. I just wanted some real insight about the area from a group that shares similar views as me.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
The right thing to do and the hard thing to do are usually the same thing

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Richfield, Utah... A place to raise a family?

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:03 pm

I have relatives in Richfield, use to go there quite often as a kid. No idea on where to live though? As far as hunting your in an awesome place for Elk, the deer herd is down but will hopefully improve. Use to be excellent for deer, but like I said numbers are currently way down. But lots of wildlife, and if your dream is to live in a rural spot and the job is right. Sounds like a winner to me. :thumb

Maybe someone that lives closer will have better insights, but I think you'll like it.

PhillyB
3 point
3 point

Post by PhillyB » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:30 pm

Thanks for the reply. There are a number of other spots close to the office in Richfield (20 minute drive). I am hoping for suggestions on places to live where we can have a little spot of land and nice home to live in.

I know it's a sportsman's paradise which is why it is such a golden opportunity. I really hope it pans out!

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Post by waspocrew » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:00 pm

I've heard it's a great place for hunting... sounds like a great place to be!

JBird
Monster
Monster

Post by JBird » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:38 pm

My cousin has been living in Richfield the last few years. He really enjoys it. As has been mentioned it's in the middle of some great country and overall is a pretty good place from what I hear. As far as schools and stuff go I don't know much except we usually beat them in everything but basketball.

nvbowhunting
Fawn
Fawn

Post by nvbowhunting » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:39 am

I have been there quite a lot... I`m from nevada too so I dont know a ton, but I used to play baseball there as a teenager all of the time during the summer. I really like it there a lot. The people seem pretty good and it is just a great area for hunting and fishing too. Don`t know much about the school system, but they had a few good sports teams over the years if that matters anything to you. But if I were in your shoes, I would take the job. I`m not a big vegas/city guy so anything out of the city like Richfield would be a place that I would like to live... Although, I havent been wanting to live in Utah because I`m a littel biased about hunting Nevada. It`s the best state for hunting in my opinion :) Hope this helps ha

PhillyB
3 point
3 point

Post by PhillyB » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:48 am

NVBowhunting-
I couldnt agree more. I too am partial to NV and that thought has crossed my mind. I love NV bowhunts and don't want to lose the option to hunt nearly every year. Hopefully I will be lucky enough to hunt every other year or so and enjoy the early season bowhunt in my home state

nvbowhunting
Fawn
Fawn

Post by nvbowhunting » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:57 am

Ya. My brother is now a Utah resident and all he talks about is how he wants to be back in NV hunting again... He has 3 NR points and still hasnt drawn an archery tag in area 10 and 7 that you can easily draw as a resident with 0 points... and in Utah it seems that all he can ever get is a General deer archery tag like everyone else ha. But I`m sure Utah has some advantages for the residents, but I havent found too many yet lol. But as far as Richfield is compared to Vegas, I choose Richfield every time...

highcountryarchery
Spike
Spike

Post by highcountryarchery » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:14 pm

You dont wanna live in richfield you wanna come over and live in Loa its only a 40 minute drive haha just kidding you will like it over there its a pretty good place to be, your just minutes from amazing hunting and fishing and Fishlake is only half hour away. When you get there make sure you head over the hill and come see lil ole Loa in wayne county its a must see town.

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Coming from Vegas, Richfield will feel plenty rural to you. Do an online search about the ATV Jamboree. You would be living within a short drive from the pahvant, monroe, and fishlake elk herds and not too far from the boulder herd. Some of the best elk herds in the state.

If the job is there, then Richfiled would be a great place to raise a family. It still has home town values. Best of luck to you.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."