KSL

Talk related to anything & everything.
one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

KSL

Post by one hunting fool » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:04 pm

As a result of KSL’s actions we need to send them a clear message from the hunting community of our displeasure. I suggest that you start with a message sent to the “contact us” on their website. This is a copy of the one I sent them this morning.

“ I am very disappointed at the actions of KSL to suspend the rights of all Americans to buy, sell, and own firearms as is our second amendment rights. Although I feel your concerns of access to guns in the wake of the tragedy, I feel your actions are sending the wrong message to your viewers both as a corporation and an American. As a result my family and I are not going to be using your website, watching your TV programs or contributing causes supported by your corporation. Your website provided a service, and discrimination of any kind to your public is the wrong message to send and will not be tolerated or condoned.”

I hope you will join me and help restore our 2nd amendment rights.
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

79Ford
Monster
Monster

Re: KSL

Post by 79Ford » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:12 pm

Sent! No more KSL for me. It's obvious where they stand on the 2nd amendment and our rights as Americans.

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Post by derekp1999 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:34 pm

I've never looked to purchase a firearm off KSL or any other classified for that matter. Personally, there's something that just doesn't sit right about purchasing a firearm from a private seller that may/may not be legit/credible. I can't imagine how many illigimate firearms sales have been facilitated thru KSL.
That being said, I think it's a knee jerk reaction by ALL parties involved... that's right, the dealers action AND the public reaction. Give it time, KSL will make changes to how guns can be listed/posted to their classifieds (perhaps requiring more information from the seller) and they'll be back and better than ever before we know it.
Guns have always been a part of American culture and always will be.
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

79Ford
Monster
Monster

Post by 79Ford » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:10 am

Just got this in an email tonight. I have nothing to gain from it, just throwing out an alternative.

"Many companies have, over the last few days, changed their policies on firearms and made reactionary decisions.  One such company is KSL.com.  If you are not aware, KSL.com provides an exceptional classified ad section where many people buy and sell used and new goods.  Unfortunately, KSL has decided to take down their entire classified section for firearms.  We are saddened by this as we have been able to post ads about our company on this service many times.  However, there is a new service in town on UtahGunExchange.com.  Please take a moment, support this venture, list an old gun to sell or just find a new pistol to add to your collection.  

As always, thank you for your support of our programs.  Be safe, enjoy your firearms and please join us in making your voice heard about the right to keep and bear arms."

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:07 pm

Thanks 79 I will have to look them up.
Derek, I have sold a few guns on KSL and I tell you when your looking to get a gun nothing like looking from your living room and picking through what your price range is. I looked to trade a few guns at both smith and edwards and sportsmans for a new gun. they offered me 1/2 of what it was worth I got full price on KSL. Just saying
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.