Utah party application question

Talk related to anything & everything.
Tyewire
2 point
2 point

Utah party application question

Post by Tyewire » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Help! I am trying to get a clarification on the party application for non res. on the limited entry hunts in Utah. My question is: If for example 3 of us apply for a hunt and there ends up only being 2 permits for that hunt, ( which is not determined till May) are we out of luck if our # is pulled? I could only find one spot in the Utah regs that kind of talked about it. I am assuming from the example they give is we would be out of luck.

Thanks for your help
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Re: Utah party application question

Post by derekp1999 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:43 pm

Half of the tags are reserved for those with the highest number of bonus points & half are then drawn "lottery" style. Your group will go into either the bonus point or lottery pool. To accommodate your group of three the unit would need to offer at least six tags (3 bonus/3 lottery). If the unit chosen does not offer enough you are, in fact, "out of luck."

Since tag numbers are not set until months later, it's really a crap shoot applying as a group. I think the DWR should change that & set the tag numbers before the application period. It doesn't make much sense to me.
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

Tyewire
2 point
2 point

Re: Utah party application question

Post by Tyewire » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:13 pm

Thanks derekp1999, That helped. I think we will have to put in induvidually for most hunts.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13