It's been a while....

Talk related to anything & everything.
79Ford
Monster
Monster

It's been a while....

Post by 79Ford » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:31 pm

Hey y'all, so I logged in today thinking it had only been about a year or so since I've logged in..... Nope, apparently the last time was 2013! I guess life has been a bit busier than I thought. Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well! One of the biggest reasons I haven't been on here is, well there's a couple actually, first is I haven't really been hunting as seriously as I had in the past and secondly I've started up my own small leather business that takes up pretty much all of my "free time". I specialize in making pistol holsters, rifle slings, butt stock cartridge holders, knife sheaths etc... I don't want this to look like a "buy my stuff" post which is why it's in the campfire section, what I'm really asking all of you is for product ideas. What piece of equipment do you have that you wish was made better or what piece of equipment do you wish you had that nobody makes or is just out of the normal persons price range? Keep in mind that I am limited by the natural properties of leather, however at the same time there isn't much we can't do. Again, just wanting to get some ideas from other sportsmen and women of what they would like to see on the market. And even though my goal with this post is to brainstorm product ideas I will extend a 10% discount to any members of this forum as well as an additional 10% to any current or former military/law enforcement/or first responders. All of our products are hand made by me personally and I guarantee them for as long as you own them.
Apparently my pictures are all too large to load from my phone but a lot of our products can be seen on our Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/2ALeatherworks/
as well as on Instagram @2aleatherworks

ABert

Re: It's been a while....

Post by ABert » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:41 pm

Welcome back, stranger! The site has calmed down a bit over the years for some reason.

As for ideas, for me personally, I've been looking for a holster for my Ruger New Model Blackhawk in .41 mag. Same frame as the .357 mag. I'm not on Facebook so I don't think I can ever look at your site. I'm much more interested in a hand made holster rather than something mass produced.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

79Ford
Monster
Monster

Post by 79Ford » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:57 am

Thanks ABert! After I posted I was browsing around and noticed that a lot of the "newest" posts in forums are still a bit older. I guess online forums aren't as popular nowadays with the rise of social media? That's just sad.

I can certainly make a holster for your Blackhawk. I can email pictures of my work or text them. Either way. My email is MatAdair80@yahoo.com and my cell is 435-503-5057. If you have an idea of what style you want then we can chat about pricing.

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:11 am

Welcome back, 79Ford! Some of us older members are still around.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:42 pm

welcome back!!!
Watch your top knot!

bucketmouth
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bucketmouth » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Here is an idea. A bullett holder for your belt that accepts 300WSM shells. Ones they sell are way too tight.

79Ford
Monster
Monster

Post by 79Ford » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:02 am

BOHNTR and 9er, it's good to see some more familiar faces still hanging around this place!

79Ford
Monster
Monster

Post by 79Ford » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:07 am

bucketmouth wrote:Here is an idea. A bullett holder for your belt that accepts 300WSM shells. Ones they sell are way too tight.
That is certainly something I could do. I think the problem is that most of the ones you can buy commercially are "universal" or "one size fits all", which is fine for probably 75% of bullets. I make all of mine as close to actual size as possible so there's no problems or surprises when it gets to my customer.