careers

Talk related to anything & everything.
bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

careers

Post by bigbuck92 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:04 pm

alright lets here what you all do for a living and what classes or courses are required to get into that career field. i was just thinkin today i really dont wanna know what i wanna do when i get out of high school. i got intrested in what Hawk was talkin about when he worked for the forest service and did the elk study.
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

Wharpoley
Spike
Spike

Post by Wharpoley » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:36 am

I am currently active duty Air Force, working at the USAF Academy as a Network Administrator, but my actual title is Active Directory Configuration Management Technician. My AFSC is 3C071 if Communications-Computer Systems Operator. To get my job, obviously i had to go to BMT and complete technical training, although my first tech school was for Systems Analysis, i retrained in 2003 into my current career field.

Larry
2 point
2 point

Post by Larry » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:31 am

1st go to college and get a degree, it will make a big diffrence in your pay over the years.
You may want to spend some time checking out the pay scale of outdoor jobs and jobs in Industry.

I do not advise doing things the way I did. 4 years Air Force, 5 years as a installer for a sign Company. 11 years as a plumber and the last 16 in a oil refinery. I'm currently a Shift Supperviser.
I know my spellings bad!

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:03 am

Teacher

Have a degree in PE, Health, and 1 class away from Special Ed. which I may never finish. Been teaching for 6 years.

But doubt I'll put in a full 30! :)

PaRu
Spike
Spike

Post by PaRu » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:02 am

Well never went to college but what I know now you couldn't get in the school where I went. I am a mechanic,truck driver, welder well if it's broke I can usually fix it. Right now i'm in public works and really like my job gives me a lot of time off.
Last edited by PaRu on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great hunter?YES Fine figure of a man? YES
That is all you need to know

ricochet
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ricochet » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:34 am

I'm a staff photographer for Playboy magazine, no, wait, that's my dream job. Actually I work on an assembly line, building high dollar RV's.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:58 am

bigbuck92, it's never too early...or too late for that matter..to start lookin' at this and planning for the future.

As I stated before, I worked for the US Forest Service as a trail crew member before joining the service (No degree necessary for either of those two jobs). While in the service I earned my journeyman certifications in Meteorology and Oceanography. I am currently working on my BS in Natural Resource Management with a minor in Fish and Wildlife Management through Oregon State University. The best part, as an active duty member every class I take is FREE!

As for what I'll do when I retire in two years.....not sure yet. To be honest, I want a job that will not interfere with my hunting and fishing plans! I don't need a second career, just something to suppliment my retirement pay.

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:35 pm

im gettin a few ideas out of these so far. keep them comin
Cody

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:15 pm

Im a Draftsman for probably the largetst Architect (as far as what we produce) here in Utah County.

I did the Associates in drafting from UVSC. And am currently working on maybe getting my own Architectural liscense.
Deadi

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:09 pm

anybody else wanna tell me what they do for a living
Cody