It's official

Talk related to anything & everything.
ABert

It's official

Post by ABert » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:51 pm

I've known for about a week now, but received my orders yesterday. I'll be reporting next month to CA then to SC, then on to the sandbox. I'll be missing hunting season, like I thought I would last year. This is supposed to be a short tour and should be back sometime after the first of the year.

Guess they figured out that after not sending me after training last summer, that I was due to go. By the time I get back I'll have about 6 or 7 months until I retire, then I'll never have to worry about this again.

I'll keep in touch on the board best I can. Not sure exactly where I'm going yet so don't know what kind of connectivity they'll have.

Gonna have to depend on my brother and dad to provide some venison for the wife. Of course, last time I was deployed over hunting season, my brother sent me pictures of someone else's elk and deer and tried to claim them as his own.

Gotta keep an eye on that guy, and my dad is worse. Easiest way to tell when my dad is lying while telling a hunting story is if his mouth is open and words are coming out.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:01 pm

you watch yourself over there. ya got mine and my familys prayers
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:28 pm

Just want to thank you for the service you do. Keep a sharp eye out, and be safe. Again thanks to you and all memebers of the armed forces for the things you do to keep us safe.
Deadi

kadejones2
Monster
Monster

Post by kadejones2 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:38 pm

please be safe out there and thanks to all the people who are serving

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:01 pm

ABert, take care my friend! I'm on a short IA list myself and figure that if I am tabbed, it'll be after I buy my tags and such for this coming season...murphy's law ya know.

Anyway, good luck with the deployment, keep us posted if ya can, and if I end up out there again with ya I'll be sure to look ya up!

PaRu
Spike
Spike

Post by PaRu » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:41 pm

Well sounds kind of silly but if you have to shoot at someone act like they are a elk, boy that sounds bad, but i'm going to post it anyway.
Great hunter?YES Fine figure of a man? YES
That is all you need to know

bowhunter 616
Spike
Spike

Post by bowhunter 616 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:37 pm

Keep your head,and stay safe,come home and good luck 4c 4c
take a young person hunting,you won't have to hunt for them!!

ABert

Post by ABert » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:02 pm

Thanks, guys.

AGC, I know what I'll be doing, just not where. If you end up going, give me a holler. Who knows, maybe we'll end up in the same place.

PaRu, gotta say you gave me a pretty good laugh. "Most" Sailors that do an IA over there aren't doing patrols and what not and are fairly safe. I will keep that in mind if I get into any situations, but last few years I've been hunting I don't recall the elk shooting back...lol.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

PaRu
Spike
Spike

Post by PaRu » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:34 pm

Very good point, Be Safe and come home to your family.
Great hunter?YES Fine figure of a man? YES
That is all you need to know

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:49 pm

good luck and be safe. and dont worry this hunting seasons gonna suck and none of us are gonna have fun (???) ok i cant lie we'll defiently have fun but we will be thinkin of ya