Montana

Talk related to anything & everything.
waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:52 pm

Thanks for the good wishes all. I wish you were coming with as well.

I will have the camera, lots of photos to help with the long down time between hunts. :thumb

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:56 pm

cutbank wrote:good job wayne i was not as lucky ](*,) ](*,)
cutbank, did you get on the alternats list? you can do it on line.

For the NR Big Game Combination license.

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:49 pm

im already here.let me know when and where u will be,ill go make sure there arnt any dangerous monster muleys in the area before you get there,for your saftey of course :thumb

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:36 am

NONYA wrote:im already here.let me know when and where u will be,ill go make sure there arnt any dangerous monster muleys in the area before you get there,for your saftey of course :thumb
NONYA, Thanks I appreciate that. When those critters get up over 25 inches, they can be purty dangerous.

My 1st trip [plans anyway] will be mid Sept. About 5 day's of bird hunting, shed hunting. and photos. And scouting for deer. I haven't decided if I will apply for antelope.

The WY NR draw is in Aug for deer. I'm thinking about withdrawing. With the MT Big combo there's not enough time. I wish Oct could have 90 day's in it. :-k

cutbank
Fawn
Fawn

Post by cutbank » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:04 pm

they have not opened the alternates list up yet but as soon as they do i will sign up. iwould love to be your bodyguard for those BIG,BAD mulies :)) :))
born to hunt

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:17 pm

Wayne.your gonna b out here WHY NOT apply for a buck antelope tag?Apply in the same areas your gonna hunt deer,the tag is good half way therough deer season,if you dont draw you can always buy a couple doe tags.I have my grandparents land owner preference point this year so i SHOULD draw a buck tag in our area near Augusta,the trophy class there is great but the draw is REAL hard.

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:52 am

NONYA wrote:Wayne.your gonna b out here WHY NOT apply for a buck antelope tag?Apply in the same areas your gonna hunt deer,the tag is good half way therough deer season,if you dont draw you can always buy a couple doe tags.I have my grandparents land owner preference point this year so i SHOULD draw a buck tag in our area near Augusta,the trophy class there is great but the draw is REAL hard.
I have 1 bonus pt for antelope. I just don't know if I want to take the time out from my other hunts. I like to go after 15 inchers and that can take a while. I would apply either for 620 or 670 if I do because that's where I do most of my Muley hunting. But as you know the lopes and muley's seldom occupy the same terrain. If I withdraw from the WY deer I will apply for MT antelope.

I've hunted Elk in the same area in the Littlebelts for years. Thinking about other areas, do you have any Information you could share?

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:43 pm

I know the belts get hit pretty hard for elk,i have hunted deer over there.If you want to hunt eastern mt 410 is a good trophy unit,if you want to archery hunt you can BUY a 710 archery tag in the CMR area.Everything around me that i hunt is a hard draw and i usually end up shooting a spike or cow with the bow.What area of the belts do you hunt,i know one ranch over there in block managment that has lots of elk and tons of big muleys,they dont allow any non family to hunt deer though so be prepared to torture yourself,i hate going out there and watching 170 + ,100 yards from the truck. :222

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:16 pm

NONYA, I hunt area 432, It's not that it's bad, just not like the old day's.
More Elk than ever, just not to many big guy's.

I have 5 bonus points for special permit Elk. I will apply once again for area
622-20. Odds are still slim but getting better. It would be the dream hunt of a lifetime. Are you familiar with this area, if so, what do you think?