Memorial Day of those who got you started

Talk related to anything & everything.
southwind
Monster
Monster

Memorial Day of those who got you started

Post by southwind » Mon May 28, 2007 8:42 am

My dad of course gets credit but the man who developed my love for big game hunting was my grandfather.

Who do you remember?

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Mon May 28, 2007 9:23 am

too cool southwind!!!! i'd go with my dad on this one, he never failed to try and take me hunting with him, i heard my first elk bugle when i was 5 yrs old on an archery elk hunt, we hiked way far in and and sat on a ridge and he bugle then the bull answerd, for some reason it was to far or something and we left[ like i said he was packing a 5 yr old kid with him, probably a little limited] any way he made me find the truck by myself while he just followed, AND WE WERE SO FAR IN, it took me what seems like forever to find it but sure enough i did, [i'm sure their was a little nudging and hints here and there that i dont recall]. any way i will never forget that time it was my first trip really going hunting. i remember him say " if you can get up at 4 A.M. and be ready you can go" i was up at 3 waitng for him!!! oh and this place that was so far in---- i still go hunt that area and it is really only 700 yds or so from the truck :)) :)) but back then it was in the middle of nowhere!! i cant wait to take my lttle girl, if she wants to , hunting got a while she's only 10 month old, but just from they way i always loved tagging along there is no way i would ever miss including her as much as possible.
lastly thanks to all the vets out there for fighting for are freedom so we can have these great time with family in the woods hunting!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Tue May 29, 2007 7:49 pm

Thank you to all my fellow vets, goodfriends, and all the people who laid down the ultimate sacrifice so we Americans can live in a country with so many opportunitys
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Tue May 29, 2007 8:12 pm

TheGreatwhitehunter wrote:Thank you to all my fellow vets, goodfriends, and all the people who laid down the ultimate sacrifice so we Americans can live in a country with so many opportunitys
I 2nd that! =D> Thank you! Vets
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6