shadow sheild

Talk related to anything & everything.
brn2hunt
4 point
4 point

shadow sheild

Post by brn2hunt » Tue May 29, 2007 7:56 pm

I was watching hunting on TV and a commercial came on about this hunting product called the shadow sheild it is basically a giant mirror that reflects the terrain the hunter is on so the animal cannot see him. I personally think that this would take all of the fun out of it and that it probably does not work because i have held up mirrors and they are very hard to keep still and will show alot of movement. that is my opinion and i would like to here your opinions on if it would work and do you think that it is fair chase?
"Ne A La Chasse"

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Tue May 29, 2007 9:15 pm

Yea, I would have to see it in the field before making any judgement on it. I would think that sunglint off the mirror would be a major issue too, wouldn't it?

For right now I'll just stick to the old fashioned way..LOL

brn2hunt
4 point
4 point

Post by brn2hunt » Tue May 29, 2007 9:18 pm

i was wondering that also im sure there is somethings they have done to get rid of things like that.
i was also thinking about what if you got face to face with a rut crazed bull or buck and it saw its reflection that may not be a pretty sight
"Ne A La Chasse"

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Tue May 29, 2007 9:21 pm

Come on guys, this is a great idea, and to think i've been walking around in the woods , miles from nowhere, carrying a giant plate glass mirror, and some one has already came up with an easier way????????????????????? :dumb :dumb that makes me feel real dumb!! :)) i have my doubts for sure, guess i would have to see it in person, but the whole wirror reflection of the sun idea------oh i got it,----- sell it as a survival tool!! you could signal a space shuttle with that thing!

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Tue May 29, 2007 9:30 pm

LMHO! Killer, I thought about that too. You're hiking miles away from your camp, humpin' it up and down the canyons, and come across some sorry fool with an 80 pound wall mirror! Of course, he had to leave such unnecessary items as water, food, de-bone kit, etc because it would be too heavy while carrying the mirror!

brn2hunt, that would be a site too!!! Watch some struttin' bull take the reflection as a rival and "Take it to the woodshed"! I would die of laughter!

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Tue May 29, 2007 9:35 pm

:)) :)) :)) too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!ImageImage
Last edited by killerbee on Wed May 30, 2007 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Tue May 29, 2007 10:17 pm

With a mirror that big. Could'nt you shoot a beam of light at an animal and cook it on the spot? The perfect redneck lazer!
There's always next year

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed May 30, 2007 6:20 am

You guys are hillarious. :funny-post

But I agree, I'm not familiar with the product but I'm not liking the idea of ever trying it out. :)

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Wed May 30, 2007 7:24 am

Heck Ridgetop, you could just blind the animal with the glare, walk right up to it and put a collar on the darn thing. No packing needed this way! You just lead the poor thing right to the bed of your truck and dispatch him there!

This things starting to sound better and better all the time!

brn2hunt
4 point
4 point

Post by brn2hunt » Wed May 30, 2007 7:49 am

"Ne A La Chasse"