Gas and hunting.

Talk related to anything & everything.
southwind
Monster
Monster

Gas and hunting.

Post by southwind » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:28 am

These gas prices are really putting a damper on getting out much. I am not going to let it stop me but I am having to take a close look at it and really budget for it.

If you are doing any traveling to hunt this fall it can be one of your major expenses to the trip. The ole huntin wagon aint cheap to operate.

:tz

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:38 am

Yep it's a bit 'out of control' for sure. It's hampering my plans a bit also. If if was cheaper to convert to natural gas I'd go that route in a New York Minute.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:08 am

southwind, I hear ya too!! I am stationed/work 7 hours away from my wife and kids...not to mention the area I hunt in every year. When I took these orders I INTENDED on heading home every weekend to see the family and do my scouting. That has now turned into one weekend every three weeks because of the gas prices. And, because I have to curtail the amount of trips to the east side of the state I usually put the family time first which leaves even less time to scout.
I'll keep my fingers crossed though. Luckily I know the area pretty well anyway so I'll just have to hope that everything turns out OK.

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:19 pm

Hawk, where ya from in Wash? didnt you say you get to retire in a few years?
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

Cvrn
3 point
3 point

Post by Cvrn » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:39 pm

My Dad just left Saturday to DRIVE up to Canada for a bear hunt, imagine what that gas bill is gonna run.

They would have flown but he is picking up our Bou mounts from last August's bow Bou hunt. (Now I wish he would get back so I can get my mount) :)
SNUFF"M

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:34 pm

i agree it's rediculous!! the only posative i can hope for is MAYBE IT WILL WEED OUT ALL THE ROADHUNTERS A FOURWHEELERS!!!!!!!!!! [-o< it's real bad here i've been stuck behind a row of trucks that would let me by for 30 min. before i findly get mad and pass them in a dirt meadow and make sure to raise up a huge cloud of dust just for them to eat!!! can you tell i cant stand road hunting????????????

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:18 pm

Bigbuck, I am from Clarkston, WA (Right on the Idaho bourder, across the Snake River from Lewiston, ID). I work/am stationed on Whidbey Island WA (North of Seattle).

And YES, I retire in two more years!

PaRu
Spike
Spike

Post by PaRu » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:35 pm

Its $3,60 a gal here now, but i still ride.
Great hunter?YES Fine figure of a man? YES
That is all you need to know

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:25 pm

Yup! It worries me -#- I'm 12 hr drive to Muley hunting. I'm down to 1 meal a day so I can afford the fuel. (???)

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:42 am

We may all be looking like this.