Multi state Hunting application processing service

Talk related to anything & everything.
crazy4hunting
Fawn
Fawn

Multi state Hunting application processing service

Post by crazy4hunting » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:07 pm

Anyone know the name of a website or name of a service that applies for hunts for you in multiple states? I want to apply in AZ,Utah,Nevada,Wyoming, Montana,CO but don't know any of the trophy units or procedures to apply in those states. Thanks

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:30 pm

Every one of those states has a F&G website that shows you how to apply.

crazy4hunting
Fawn
Fawn

Post by crazy4hunting » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:29 pm

Yeah I know but I was wanting to know if there was a service that would do it for me since they would be familiar with rules and regs, good trophy units, license and fees, bonus point system, etc.Dale

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:41 pm

Dale,

I have never heard of any such thing. As far as I know, it still takes a lot of reading, research, and perseverance by the individual to get thier apps in on time and correct.
Each of the states that you mentioned post thier respective game regulations/proclamations online. As I stated above, as far as I know it's up to the hunter to research each state, figure out thier drawing regulations/rules, map out important dates, etc.
A lot of these states will also post harvest numbers from previous years. I would utilize those and sites like MuleyMadness to figure out what units offer the best chance at a trophy animal or best chance to draw, what states untilize a points system and which ones do not, etc.

Good luck man. If ya want something bad enough, I guess ya gotta work for it.

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:30 pm

I spend a lot of time studying all of those numbers and areas and apply each year on my own. At the present, I'm applying in around 6-7 different states. I find a lot of great info from http://www.huntodds.com
and as Nonya & Hawk said the states websites. If you want to pay to have that done for you, http://www.huntinfool.com can provide that.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

crazy4hunting
Fawn
Fawn

Post by crazy4hunting » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:58 pm

Hiker, thanks for the info, that website huntinfool.com is exactly what I was lookin for.

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:00 am

I would do my own research,i wouldnt trust anyone else to provide you with a true trophy area tag,they will put you in to draw a tag,any tag,they arnt going to do the research and the leg work to find a REAL trophy area and a tag that my take several years to obtain.If your looking for an easy deal go to Co. and buy a landowner voucher in a good area,problem solved.

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:33 am

Crazyforhunting, Your sitting in one of the best places there is for trophy Muleys or elk. You know how many NR's would like to have a residents chance for hunting opportunities in NM?

Anyway, I remember seeing ads for that type of service. I know from applying on my own for these areas, it's mostly once in a lifetime thing. Hiring this done doesn't increase the odds. Why not go with a outfitter that specializes in trophy hunts, you won't have to wait forever and you won't have to keep writing checks out for nothing.

StickFlicker
3 point
3 point

Post by StickFlicker » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:49 am

If one of you subscribes to Huntin Fool and throws their issues away when you're done, I'd appreciate anyone that could send me a copy of the current issue (ram on cover). There is an article about my girlfriend's coues deer hunt from last year, and I'd love to have an extra copy. Thanks.
Official Pope & Young, Boone & Crockett & Longhunter Society Measurer,
Records Chairman, Bowhunting In Arizona Record Book

loco4muleys
3 point
3 point

Post by loco4muleys » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:01 pm

The Huntin Fool is a great magazine and business. Although I have never used their application services, their magazines have so much good information on all the western states. It truly is a well run operation that they have.
One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.