stupid hunter stories!

Talk related to anything & everything.
The Ox
Monster
Monster

stupid hunter stories!

Post by The Ox » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:24 pm

so i know we have all had it happen to us your set up nice and good on a great spot before light and just at light some one comes and blows everything because they are loud and dumb! my stupid hunters story (notice the plural on hunters): me and a couple buddies beat the light to our spot for elk, and we were feeling pretty good about it until right at light. some jerk in a diesel drives 50 yards from the meadow we were watching and idled his truck for 20 minutes no joke sitting in his truck at day break idling, i was pissed off and ready to go explode on him i took some breaths and soon enough he backed up and parked 50 yards from wherei had parked then to my relief shut his &^*&%$#$ truck off. well if idling wasnt enough they exit the truck and make sure to slam the doors of course, so i took some more deep Breaths and stayed put. 5 minutes later i hear a dreded four wheeler, JUST great. well he stops a good 250yards away shuts it off and i can hear him talking loud from across the meadow and behind some trees some more deep breaths and i stay put. well a good 5 minutes pass and here comes another truck just great he parks and ten minutes later the dumb hunter walks 5 yards past me did not see me and continues into the trees tromping around now i have just about had it! if that isnt enough the truck with a broken shock from yesterday decided to make an encore. decides to drive through this medow and to the trees so he did not have to walk so now i am hearing a loud exhaust and the constant screeching erking crakcing sh**** shock every bump they hit i lost it walked over to my buddies and said enough we decided since they could not come in quiet we would not leave quiet my buddies uncle screams at the top of his lungs : HEY BILL DID YOU SEE THAT BULL HERE HE COMES HES COMING RIGHT FOR YOU GET READY!!!!!!!. i am sure those stupid hunters were excited though ahah. felt good cause i was gonna go have some words with the broken shock guy. if everyone would sneek in quiet it would be great but nope 90 percent are retarded we got back to my truck and there was a truck left of me 50 yards a four wheeler 50 yards left of it a truck 50 yards right of me and the dumbest of all parked 300 yards east of me in the stinking MEADOW!. if i see someone parked in an area i give it to them they were there first its theres have at it, good luck to them! i dont park on all sides of them make as much noise as possible and set up next to them . we got the heck out of there hit a spot with no one near it and my buddy shot that great buck on the archery forum under 07 archery buck. so it ended up working out but still! why do people have to be so dumb like that and so inconsiderate!

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:47 pm

Ox, Some advice from a old hunter. Don't put yourself in that position.

Your a hunter, You can go to lots of places on foot and leave the road hunters behind.

Really, with a little map studying and a little walking, you won't have those problems.

JBird
Monster
Monster

Post by JBird » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:20 pm

One time while I was driving back to camp around noon. We saw a nice four point as I was getting out to shoot, a truck came flying up behind us with a guy in a wife beater was hanging out the window trying to get a shot off. Needless to say the buck took off. The guys in the truck fly by us and give us a "Well you messed us up" look.

lifetime hunter
3 point
3 point

Post by lifetime hunter » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:02 pm

:>/ I think there are stupid hunters everywhere!

one year my husband and I were driving our 4-wheelers from my parents house (We usually go camping but didn't have a lot of time to hunt this year) to up to where we go hunting and we were driving almost to where we park them. it was still dark and there was a truck pulled off to the side of the road (Arizona plates and this was in utah), so I went to pass it and as soon as I almost got by the drivers side door he opened it and held out his hands, so i stopped or I would have ran him over! and he told me to shut of my 4-wheeler cuz his buddy sees a 2pt right down the hill and he's steadying himself to get a shot! -first he was in the passenger seat, aiming out the window and they were parked on the road and it was still dark! so I said forget this I'm not going to wait for these people until day light or if they are going to breaking the law and shot now I didn't want to stick around! so I just started my 4-wheeler back up and drove around him! when my husband came up to them he said they were still yelling! but we got to where we were going, got off and started to hike where we go hunting, and we got to almost where we were going and decided to sit on this first ridge until light, as soon as it got light a small 2 pt came by... since there was both of us and didn't have much time to hunt, I shot it. as I was cleaning it I said, now watch another deer come over the ridge.. not even 10 minutes later a big 24" 4 pt came across, and my husband shot it! so within 20 minutes of daylight, we had both deer downed, cleaned and loaded and on our way home, needless to say we came across this truck again and he stopped us and started yelling at me for not stopping and scaring off his buddies deer! I said 1st you can't shoot from your vehicle 2nd you can't shoot from the road and 3rd it was still dark! he started yelling some more and I said I gotta go get these deer hung up in the shed and took off.. needless to say he waved good bye to us.. but he didn't wave with all of his fingers! :nono:

I just wonder the mentality of some hunters? :-k
Welcome to Utah................Now GO HOME!

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:06 pm

pretty classic for road hunters and Poachers alike it is really to bad there are people like that out there they are the ones the media and anti's depend on for their bad press of hunting.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:09 pm

wayne: its quite hard around here to get far enough off a road that wont disturbe anything four wheeler trails are everywhere. the spot i was hunting was one of the only places to hunt public land for elk on this unit. so i had no choice, and i was hoping they would push the elk passed us. but they set up on us so they pshed them somewhere else .so yeah i usaully get away when i can but i could nott really on this case i doubt i will ever hunt that area again!

Wapiti
2 point
2 point

stupid hunter stories!

Post by Wapiti » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:13 pm

Some real winners in those two stories.

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:18 pm

Suspect Shoots Wrong Species: Tracks Not Enough to Identify Target

Wildlife Officers Michael Blanck and Kirk Oldham were on patrol during

the 2003 third regular rifle season early in November. As they entered a

hunting area regularly occupied by a variety of hunters called

Church Park, in Middle Park, they noticed two individuals carrying rifles

creeping through a meadow. The wildlife officers stopped on the road

and watched to see what the two men were stalking.

The wildlife officers watched one of the men drop to a

knee, look through his scope, and shoot. The other man was watching

through his rifle scope as well. The shooter then stood up and began to

walk towards the edge of the meadow. Blanck and Oldham could not see

what the men had been shooting at.

The shooter stood at the edge of the meadow, turned around, and held

his rifle above his head. He was shaking it up and down as if to indicate

that he had killed what he was shooting at. The second man walked up to

the shooter. They both stared at the animal they had killed. Then one of

them finally looked in the direction of the wildlife officers. The shooter's

partner slowly began to walk towards them.

When Oldham contacted him, he stated that he 'thought' they had killed a

moose. Since there was no moose season on, Blanck and Oldham knew

that there was a problem. The wildlife officers approached the hunter

who was standing approximately 5 yards away from a large bull moose.

The shooter asked them if the animal was a moose. He wasn't entirely

sure that the animal lying in front of them with large palmate antlers, a

dark brown/black coat, a distinctive bulbous nosepad, and a

distinctive "bell" around the throat was a moose. Oldham advised the

soon-to-be defendant that it was in fact a moose.

Both hunters had bull elk licenses. They stated that they had followed a

set of large two-toed tracks that must have been those of an elk. The

shooter said that he had seen movement in the trees at the edge of

the meadow. The hunter said that he had seen an animal with antlers and

a brow tine. As he continued to use the scope of his rifle to identify the

animal, he had lost sight of it As soon as he saw the antlers again,

he shot once and the animal went down. He had hit it once at the base of

the antler with a .300 caliber Winchester Magnum.

Oldham asked the hunters to field dress the moose. Neither of them had

ever field dressed an animal before, so Blanck helped them out Oldham

brought the pickup next to the moose so that it could be loaded.

The wildlife officers had a ‘spike’ bull elk head seized from a previous

violation in the pickup bed.

The shooter looked in the pickup, saw the elk head, and then asked

where Oldham had picked up the‘antelope’?

Blanck calmly explained that it was an elk.

The shooter was charged with hunting without a valid/proper license,

unlawful possession, and the additional Samson (trophy poaching)

surcharge.

All totaled, the violations equaled $15,795 and 30 points

against their hunting and fishing privileges. Working with the District

Attorney, the shooter pled guilty to hunting without a valid/proper license

and a deferred judgment on the surcharge. He paid $4,425 in fines

and agreed to pay an additional $5,000 to the local sheriff's department

per the stipulation of the deferred

judgment.

Both hunters were from the Denver area.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

Idahohunter
Spike
Spike

Post by Idahohunter » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:54 pm

I was moose hunting with a good friend and one of his friends. I don't like hunting with people I don't know. We were hunting in the flats, which if anyone has hunted Alaska you know about the muskeg, swampy areas and the vegitated lakes, anyway we were trying to get to the base of the hills so that we could climb up and get a good view. The area around the lake at the base of the hill is like putting a layer of sod on top of the water. You can walk on it and you'll get your feet wet but most the time you won't fall through. This friend of a friend drives his 4 wheeler out on this crap and the quad starts to sink. He is just standing on the seat looking back at me and my buddy. We yell at this idiot to get off with his weight he is sinking it faster. Eventually all you could see was the handle bars, to top it off it wasn't his quad. The lake wasn't too deep, about chest deep, but man was it cold. And I was pissed that I had to get wet to help get the quad out. We got it out, drained the water out of the carb and airbox and an air boat just happened to show up. Where we were they could get service on their cell phones. Anyway they ( the folks with the airboat) offered to take us to their cabin for briskit and beer or to our tent and hamburgers. The idiot was being a little girl because he didn't have dry shoes, so we went back to our camp. The guy with airboat took us back out the next day to get the quads. We ended up loading the Suzuki submarine on the to the boat and he hauled it out. Back at camp my buddy and me work on the drownded bike because the idiot has no mechanical skills what so ever. We flushed the engine and carb and got it running again. That night we went out for an evening hunt (the folks in the airboat told us how to get to the hill) we made it to the hill. We are just sitting there watching when the idiot shoots the water! I was done. I couldn't take anymore so I just looked at my buddy and said that I was leaving. We were out on a three day weekend and ended upworking on a quad for over a day. Some peoples kids.
"If a man isn't as good as his word, what good is he?"

Eastern NM hunter
Spike
Spike

Post by Eastern NM hunter » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:18 am

OK boys and girls, now it's my turn to look like a fool.................

A year after moving to Roswell I decided to give deer hunting a try, one problem, I had had a complete knee rebuild about 3 weeks prior. No biggy, I'll keep close to the roads, and will call if I need help. I didn't have my own rifle, so I borrowed a buddies 300 Win Mag. He's a die-hard hunter and I know he's one heck of a shot, so I wasn't concerned about the rifle.

Opening morning turned out to be a waste. The fog was so thick I couldn't see 20 yards, but I hung in there and figured may be, just may be. Around 1pm the fog finally burned off and I decided to check out a new area I found on the map. A little canyon, which seemed to be a great idea, eventhough I could barely walk. For those that don't really know the Roswell terrain, it's FLAT.........................To hear of 300-500 yard shots is a common thing.

So I pull up to the rim of this canyon, it's 150 yards across and probably 40 yards to the bottom. Across the canyon towards the bottom was a little forked buck, but he was all alone, so I thought. I glassed the canyon for minutes trying to get a feel of the area, mind you I'm not hiding or nothing. When 2 Army helicopters fly over about 100 yards up, that's when the biggest buck I've ever seen stand up 10 yards infront of the little fork. I say my favor saying "Holy @$&#", lock, load, fire!!! Nada, Lock, load, fire!!!! Nada again, and I realize just how shakey I am, so I go down to one knee, the wrong knee and the worse hamstring cramp kicks in. I roll around on the ground, crying, trying to rub this cramp out, which takes a solid 2-3 minutes to work out. So I figure the buck has blown out of the county and is half way to Lubbock. So I stand up, and the buck is about 20 yards closer, guess he wanted a closer look at the stupid human. Long story short, I shot 8 times at this buck, walked back to pick up and reloaded, cried like a baby, you name it I did it, and that buck never spooked. He walked away, but never spooked.

I called up my buddy to tell him what had happened, and as the conversasion continues, his wife over hears and lets us both know that she had dropped the rifle a couple weeks prior while she was dusting. I took it to a gun smith to have it bore sighted, it was like 5 feet high and 6 feet to the right or something crazy. I went back to the canyon the next after noon praying for another chance, and the buck was back, kinda. He was there and he moved around a lot, but he never once gave me a shot, not even a may be shot.

How big was he?? No lie, swear on everything I love, this buck was an easy 200 buck, he was a buck of a lifetime.................