RAIN GEAR

Talk related to anything & everything.
9er
Monster
Monster

RAIN GEAR

Post by 9er » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:56 pm

I went to Cabelas last night, was planning on getting some new rain gear, i looked at the rain gear and decided on a few different styles/material, i then went looking aroudn with the intentions of going back and deciding exaclty what one i wanted, well, to make a long story short, i never ended back in the rain gear dept. so i have to go back and pick it out!

I was wondering what everyone uses and if they would recommend it and what are the pro's/cons of your rain gear. thanks

9er

loco4muleys
3 point
3 point

Post by loco4muleys » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:08 am

I use Cabela's Rain Suede. I like it, it's warm, keeps water out, and is very quiet. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is that it's not as light as some of the more expensive stuff and doesn't pack down to an incredibly small size. However, for the price, which I thought was very reasonable, it's weight and size will be good enough for me. I'd recommend it.
One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.

cobo
Fawn
Fawn

Post by cobo » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:46 am

I use the Cabelas MT050 Gortex. I have tried several different types over the past 15 years, including Cabelas Dry Plus, and have found the MT050 to be the best. A little pricey, but worth it in the long run.

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:46 am

ill try and post a link to the "stuff" i was gonna buy, it is the dry plus stuff that packs down into a little bag!

the mt0505 was also an option, so guess ill decide on what to get when I go back down! thanks for your help guys

9er