Well, it's official

Talk related to anything & everything.
AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Well, it's official

Post by AGCHAWK » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:24 pm

Well guys and gals, it is now official. I got my orders today and will be heading back to that great big sandbox in the Middle East. Therefore, I will miss my annual Idaho whitetail hunt and my WA spike elk hunt! (I wish I hadn't already dropped the money on those tags/licenses!)

I will leave WA in early DEC for training, report to Kuwait for more training, and then BOG (boots on ground) in Iraq after that. I am still going to squeeze my WA Muley hunt in this coming week but will be too busy prepping for deployment to be able to take the leave in NOV for the Idaho hunt.

I'll just miss ABert too! He heads home RIGHT before I get out there!

For those of you that have inquired about hunting the Idaho panhandle for Whitetail...GIVE IT A SHOT...and I'll join ya again next year!
Last edited by AGCHAWK on Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GPWDeer
2 point
2 point

Post by GPWDeer » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:34 pm

Hawk,

We will miss you around here! THANK YOU SIR, FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Just a thought. You might call the Idaho Fish and Game and see if they will either trade your tag for a mule deer tag or refund your money with the fact that you have been deployed. Chances are they will do one or the other. If you get a muley tag, the season is open until the 24th of October in most of the units. I would be willing to give you some advice on where to hunt mulies (via email) given your circumstances I would be honored to help in any way I can.

GPWDeer
Making the swtich to the strick and string! Watch out!

79Ford
Monster
Monster

Post by 79Ford » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:40 pm

Gonna miss seeing your posts on here Hawk. Take care and God bless. :thumb

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:42 pm

Watch your six out there hawk......and if all else fails and you need help.....find a MARINE! :)
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:07 pm

Thanks guys!

GPWDeer: Thanks for the offer my friend! I REALLY appreciate it. The problem is, I already have everything lined up and don't know if I can change my plans this late in the game. I'll know for sure tomorrow and if there is any way I can swap a few things around I may contact ya. Either way, your offer was GREATLY appreciated.

BOHNTR: Man, you won't hear me say anything bad about the Corps! Those devil dogs are the greatest fighting force on earth! (For you Army guys/gals, nothing meant by that. I come from an Army family and have an Uncle and Cousin still in the Army. I have the upmost respect for them and thier fellow soldiers....or ANYONE that serves thier country.)

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:34 pm

AGCHAWK

Well HAWK you warned us it was coming and might happen! How long is this deployment? GOD speed brother and may you be safe and have a good experience and a quick return!

I know I'll definitely MISS having you around! A TON!!

salxxute

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:58 pm

Ag,stay safe,keep your head down and THANK YOU for your service! :222

skull krazy
3 point
3 point

Post by skull krazy » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:08 pm

Good luck hawk, you'll be sorely missed!
And while your over there fighting for us, we'll be back here holding down the fort and greatly admiring you!!

Good luck and may God be with you!! :thumb
SKULL KRAZY
"No Bones About It"

lifetime hunter
3 point
3 point

Post by lifetime hunter » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:24 pm

salxxute Good luck Hawk! :not-worthy You have my greatest respect! and We ALL appreciate all you do for America!

in Utah (from what I take it) http://wildlife.utah.gov/rules/R657-42.php your can get a refund, "(d) the person provides military orders, or a letter from an employment supervisor on official public health or public safety organization letterhead stating:
(i) the branch of the United States Armed Forces, or name of the public health organization or public safety organization from which they were deployed or mobilized; and
(ii) the nature and length of their duty while deployed or mobilized."
don't know about Washington.. but it's worth checking out!
and if ya need anything.. give us a shout!! Image
Welcome to Utah................Now GO HOME!

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:37 pm

Yes yes stay safe over there.

We need you back here to find out all the information that we are either to lazy of just not smart enough to find out on our own. :)
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.