Teddy Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants & being an AMERICI

Talk related to anything & everything.
Hiker

Teddy Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants & being an AMERICI

Post by Hiker » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:23 am

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

callofthewild
2 point
2 point

Post by callofthewild » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:49 pm

god rest poor teddy roosevelts soul i am sure he is turning in his grave.

roybram
Spike
Spike

Post by roybram » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:03 pm

Well the Lowes and Wal-Mart Stores have not read the part about where we only have room for one language. You go in to buy something anymore and everything is written in Spanish.
Last edited by roybram on Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:27 am

I love Teddy! He is my favorite and I wish there were straight talking men like him in politics today.