Can New England be Beat?

Talk related to anything & everything.
awholelottabull
Spike
Spike

Can New England be Beat?

Post by awholelottabull » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:20 pm

I sit here in "my chair" with my laptop (yes I can do 2 things at once, contrary to what my wife thinks) watching this game on TV. New England just looks awesome. Granted they are playing Buffalo but they are just smoking! I don't think anybody will beat them. Definately not the rest of this season. What do you guys think?

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:24 pm

Man, I am doing the exact same thing and my answer....noone but themselves!

Unless Brady goes down with an injury, they are going to run the table. I think they could lose Moss and still run through everyone with Welker, Stallworth, Watson, and Gaffeny. Likewise on the D, unless a couple of them go down at once they have plenty of depth with Vrebal, Brusci, Seau, etc.

The Quarterback position is their only weak point, IMO. I don't see Matt Cassel stepping in for Brady and running that offense.

The biggest question is: What NFC team is going to lose to them in the Superbowl? Cowboys or Packers?
Last edited by AGCHAWK on Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:25 pm

i dont think they will get beat this year. any team CAN be beat, but man they look good! they are even one of my least favorite teams. but i've started watching them and getting on the band wagon just because they are in the middle of doing something very historicle. they are a very good team.

loco4muleys
3 point
3 point

Post by loco4muleys » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:59 pm

Tonight I've lost a whole lot of respect for the Pats. Twice, with a huge lead, they've gone for it on fourth down. There's no need for that, just kick the field goal and let your defense play. It's the same thing Bill Belichick's been doin all year, running up the score. It'll be interesting to see if they play Tom Brady in the fourth. I hope they lose this year.
One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:03 pm

Yea know, I'll start by saying that I do not like Belichick at all...But, I see no problem with what he's doing. Just my opinion of course, but this is the way I see it.

These guys get paid TONS of money to play football, not cry when they get their butts handed to them. If they don't like it, PLAY BETTER! What do they want the Pats to do, lay down for them? If I were them, I would rather get beat 60-0 than know that we ONLY LOST 40-0 because the other team quite playing hard.

This isn't PeeWee football, it's the NFL. There is no "mercy rule" and there shouldn't be any problems with "crushing the self confidence" of the opponent. Again, they get paid to play, and play hard throughout the game. Not sit on the ball because they are afraid to hurt someone's feelings.

If it were baseball and the pitcher was pitching a no-hitter with a 10-0 lead, would you expect him to start throwing underhanded so that the opposing team will have a better chance to hit it?

Again, that's just my take on it.

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:19 pm

oh they will be beat. Just wait until the steelers play them!
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:50 pm

you meen the steelers that lossed to the broncos!
they will get beat just dont know when
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”-john wayne

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:58 pm

lol that doesnt matter cb. broncos had a lucky game, and the steelers record is still better then the donkeys
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

awholelottabull
Spike
Spike

Post by awholelottabull » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:31 am

I agree with Hawk. These guys should play and play to score every time they get the ball. I would bet that any team would do the same thing given a similar set of circumstances. Now don't get me wrong, I am NOT a New England fan, just a football fan with a little Brett Farve sweet spot. I would love to see Green Bay meet them in the big game and pummel them.

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:31 am

I would love to see Green Bay meet them in the big game and pummel them.

awholelottabull, You're speaking my language.....GO Packers!!!! The Packer vs. Cowboys game should be a good one is a couple of weeks. They're both 9-1, but first Green Bay needs to get through Detroit on Thanksgiving day.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6