Obama Radical Anti-Gun Politician

Talk related to anything & everything.
StickFlicker
3 point
3 point

Obama Radical Anti-Gun Politician

Post by StickFlicker » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:24 pm

'Nobody Knows Obama's Record on Guns Better Than I Do,' Says ISRA Executive Director Richard Pearson

SPRINGFIELD, Ill., Sept. 24 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following was released today by the Illinois State Rifle Association (ISRA):

"One of the most blatant lies ever to come from a politician's mouth," is how the ISRA is characterizing a recent statement by U.S. Senator Barack Obama. Speaking in the latest issue of "Field & Stream," Obama claims that Illinois sportsmen know him as an advocate for their rights. On the contrary, Obama's voting record while a state senator clearly indicates that he has nothing but contempt for the law-abiding firearm owner.

"Any sportsman who counts Barack Obama as one of his friends is seriously confused," said ISRA Executive Director Richard Pearson. "Throughout his tenure in the Illinois Senate, Obama served as one of the most loyal foot soldiers in Mayor Daley's campaign to abolish civilian firearm ownership. While a state senator, Obama voted for legislation that would ban and forcibly confiscate nearly every shotgun, target rifle and hunting rifle in the state. Obama also voted for bills that would ration the number of firearms a law-abiding citizen could own, yet give a pass to the violent thugs who roam our streets. And, inexplicably, Obama voted four times against legislation that would allow citizens to use firearms to defend their homes and families."

"Let us also not forget that Obama served as a director of the Joyce Foundation," continued Pearson. "While on the Joyce Foundation board, Obama funneled tens of millions of dollars to radical gun control organizations such as the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence and the Violence Policy Center."

"If Senator Obama considers his legislative record and his philanthropic endeavors to be acts of advocacy on behalf of sportsmen's rights, then I submit that the Senator is seriously confused as well," asserted Pearson.

"Nobody knows Obama's record on guns better than I do, and it's rotten to the core," said Pearson. "I've been involved in Illinois politics nearly as long as Obama has been alive. In that time, I have never encountered a legislator who was more hostile towards or more disinterested in sportsmen's rights than Barack Obama."
Official Pope & Young, Boone & Crockett & Longhunter Society Measurer,
Records Chairman, Bowhunting In Arizona Record Book

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Re: Obama Radical Anti-Gun Politician

Post by sneekeepete » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:55 am

That is a very interesting article. I have read a few other articles that talk about many custom gunsmiths and gun makers moving out of Illinois because of the all the laws that had been passed restricting them. Has anyone else heard any of that information. I am not sure if it is truth or rumors but it makes sense.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:16 am

YUP! I heard and read the same thing. Not pleasant reading either IMO.

Again, just another reason to make sure you vote come this November.

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:35 am

Good I'm glad I wasn't just remembering somthing I didn't really read. lol One of my good friends has a pretty funny saying so I figure I'll share it. "If the government ever comes to collect my guns I'll give em up one bullet at a time". I agree it is a another very important reason for us all to vote.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC

79Ford
Monster
Monster

Post by 79Ford » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:57 pm

I'm afraid that that is just a prelude to the big picture if he's elected president. People think Clintons firearms ban was bad, Obama has the potential to be much worse. I dont have one good thing to say about the man, I dont like him and I dont trust him. He makes me want to vomit every time he opens his mouth. He's everything that this country was founded against. Our forefathers came here and founded this country to be a country "Under God" and have a "government of the people, by the people, for the people", and he wants to take God out of the spotlight and stand there himself and give the power to the government. That is not a country I want to live in, that is not a country so many people have died to protect. I so hope and pray that we as Americans are smarter than to elect Obama president. There are two things the government should never mess with, my God, and my guns. Those are the only two things a man needs to survive, and Obama is threatening both of them.

Sorry, just one mans rant......

tump325
Fawn
Fawn

Post by tump325 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:08 pm

I saw an ad for obama yesterday that used a "lifetime member from the NRA" stating that obama supported the rights of sportsmen... yea i dont think so...

79Ford
Monster
Monster

Post by 79Ford » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:01 am

tump325 wrote:I saw an ad for obama yesterday that used a "lifetime member from the NRA" stating that obama supported the rights of sportsmen... yea i dont think so...
I'm sure an atheist could find a lifelong member of the Catholic church to stand up and say there is no God.... Wouldn't make it true, but it might get some people to question their views and beliefs.

Maybe religion is a bad analogy, but it's what is on my mind this morning so it the best i can come up with right now.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:09 am

79Ford I like the analogy actually. :thumb

tommycaller
Spike
Spike

Post by tommycaller » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:34 pm

I will be out in Arizona on election day. I have already went to the election office, applied for an absentee ballot, received it, filled it out and sent it in. I encourage anybody that will be in the same predicament as me to do the same. Your vote counts. God Bless America!
P.S. Our ballot here in Oklahoma has a yes or no question pertaining to hunting, I do not know if it is a nation wide question or just a state issue.
"A waist is a terrible thing to mind"

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:48 am

You it is kind of funny you mention the good ol absentee ballot Tommy. Since I have been old enough to vote I have yet to ever vote on anything but a absentee ballot!
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC