Anyone from around Ashton Idaho

Talk related to anything & everything.
Larry
2 point
2 point

Anyone from around Ashton Idaho

Post by Larry » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:10 pm

I'm headed over to the west side of the Tetons to help a friend get his moose on the 19th was hoping I could get a snow and road update from a local. he knows the area so I not digging for hot spots.
I know my spellings bad!

wilecoyote76
Spike
Spike

Re: Anyone from around Ashton Idaho

Post by wilecoyote76 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:05 pm

Generally you can look up the Idaho Road Report and get a pretty good idea of what's going on all over the state. Here's a link. Select hi or lo bandwidth and you're good to go.

http://511.idaho.gov/

Larry
2 point
2 point

Post by Larry » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:34 pm

Thanks for the info but the main roads are not my concern, Most locals know thier area and can tell ya how differrent storms will affect the high country in thier area. what roads will be impassable and what ones will stay open.
I know my spellings bad!

mattman
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mattman » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:59 pm

Not sure how much this will help, but I'm from Twin Falls. Have a friend in Billings, Montana so Teton is kind of between us. We got about 5 inches of snow in the valley here and around 8-9 in the mountains. Friend in Billings says there's 2 feet in his yard and about 8-10 feet in the higher elevations (beartooth pass). Another friend in Pocatello said that the snow in the valley is mostly melted now, she isnt sure about higher up. Again not sure how much that helps.
Keep hiking until you dont see sign of human life, then hike some more. That my friend, is where the monster lives.