Is anyone busy

Talk related to anything & everything.
MULEY7MM
4 point
4 point

Is anyone busy

Post by MULEY7MM » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:19 pm

I was just wondering how everyone else is doing in construction right now i am in the Heating and Air buisness and it is SLOOOWWW right now
Glad to be back...

http://www.troutjournal.com

Malloy805
Spike
Spike

Re: Is anyone busy

Post by Malloy805 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:26 pm

Finish contractor Sloooooww My suppliers tell me they'er starting to see more plans available to bid. :thumb Talked to friends in Salem OR and Boise Id. same thing.

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:33 pm

I work for a Architect and we are only working on just a handful of house plans were this time last year we have around 15 - 20 homes we were working on. We are however seeing a few more commercial plan coming in hopefully things will turn and change for the better soon.
Deadi

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:38 pm

it is very SLOW right now. i really am glad that while it was booming i stayed with my boss rather than going out on my own liscence. i work for one of the biggest contractors in are area and it is down to me. [ and him but he dont work lol ] i haven't missed a day of work [ unless i wanted to] and have a couple months ahead of work. but it's scary. you never know at the end of the jobs we have lined up right now if any more will come in. there is basically NOONE working here. i basically do it all from start to finish. so it doesn't take a ton of work to keep me going. i've been setting tile and finish this whole winter[ which has been great] i sure hope this econamy pics up. but i dont see anything hapening anytime soon :>/ :>/

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:43 am

I personally think it's time to buckle down for the long haul. We had a good year with beef and sold every quarter, to bad there's very little profit in raising cattle. God has been blessing this venture more each year and after 15 years of raising beef we are starting to get it consistently in the black. My car & truck store has been slow for 5-6 years but Amen we're still open and it's been paying the bills. We have a couple of milk goats on the way and ordered chickens, both egg & meat birds this past week. Plan on having a garden this year. We haven't had one in 10 or so years, as I got discouraged with freeze outs, hail, etc. It's hard to grow a garden at over 7,000 feet and our short growing season. I told the Mrs. that I'm gonna stay home this year and not try to draw tags "out-of-state" for myself this year but I still plan to put Jessica & Luke in some out of state draws. I only get them for a few more years and Lord willing, I'm going to make the most of it. I get more of a kick from guiding than hunting myself anyway.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

numbnutz
2 point
2 point

Post by numbnutz » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:55 am

I work for Comcast in Portland and we have been busier than ever, normally this is our slow time but still getting 15+ hours of ot a week. IM glad i still have a job and are busy though.
lifes short, Hunt hard!!

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:04 pm

My employer laid off half the work force so we are busy. I've taken over running another CNC Horizontal Machining Center and am surely busy. We make aerospace components. The average age of the guys left is about 55 years old!? :-k He knows I don't care to work too much and I can get unlimited planned time off. There's been no pay cuts which is nice and he says we can survive this. Everything is settling down and people are focusing on their jobs instead of how to keep them. There's always the tent to live in so we're okay in the long run if things go south. The hardest thing to manage has been the rise in crime. You need to lock everything up or it disappears. Violent drug related crime is skyrocketing too. God's in charge. It'll be okay.
Mark

basingater
2 point
2 point

Post by basingater » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:41 pm

Im in the oilfield and as most know it is way slow right now but we are still going forward!

kinzysdad
3 point
3 point

Post by kinzysdad » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:39 am

un employed Transportation/Warehouse Manager.
when the crow dips, you have luck sometimes maybe.

79Ford
Monster
Monster

Post by 79Ford » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:39 pm

I'm in the stone tile importing business (travertine, slate, marble) and it's gotten pretty slow, but we're still keeping our heads above water. I cant complain too much, I still get my 40 hours a week and a work vehicle. We sell to a lot of flooring stores throughout the area and luckily the orders keep coming through the door. Now if people could just pay their bills life would be easier.

Any way you look at it things could always be worse. Even if we all end up living in tents down by the river, it could be worse. I hope it never comes to that but we just have to be thankful for what we have, even if all it is is a tent.

Now if the President would send us all our portion of that stimulus package rather than creating a stimulus package to nowhere then the economy would be in better shape IMO. I know there are a lot of things i could spend that money on that would help at least a few businesses bring in some more $$. Just for reference 1,000,000,000,000 (yes that's a trillion) divided between 304,000,000 people (est U.S. population July 2008) would be $3289.47 for every man woman and child, give or take a few cents.