A Nice BC whitey

Talk anything related to Whitetail or Coues Deer
Furburger
Fawn
Fawn

A Nice BC whitey

Post by Furburger » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:53 pm

Found this guy on my cam this weekend. It was the start of bow season on the 1st. Hope I bump into him soon before rifle season starts.

muleywannabe
2 point
2 point

Re: A Nice BC whitey

Post by muleywannabe » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:15 pm

that is one sweet deer. the blading is cool and the splits...I wanna shoot him! LOL

Furburger
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Furburger » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:29 am

Here is the guy I took this fall. Not too big but to even see one in the area I hunt is hard enough. The forests in BC have been devastated by the mountain pine beetle so dead fall everywhere. The jungle behind me in the photo is where the WT love to hang so it can be a real challenge getting close to one.

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:08 pm

Beautiful buck. Hard thick stuff is a real challenge, but can be rewarding when Mr. Whitey makes a mistake. Congrats.------SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

jls456
2 point
2 point

Post by jls456 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:54 pm

Nice buck. Congratulations.

Furburger
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Furburger » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Thanks, so tasty! Heres one my buddy got on Saturday from the same area I got mine. The rut is coming on and they are getting stupid. We shot this guy at 30 yds with his nose on the ground.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Nice job, cool bucks. What's the story on the giant buck with the black plastic?

Furburger
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Furburger » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:42 pm

That fat rack was shot by my butcher. I was picking up my deer and he said" You like those WT don't you, take a look at this". Pulls it out of his freezer. He shot it thinking it was a young mulie. All Oct. is any buck here. Walked up to it with his buddy and was surprised to see that old scrapper WT lying there. Its an old buck. The ears were beat up and broken tines.
The WT and mulies hang out together in the same areas here so you need to be sure on ID but most guys carry both species tags with them because you never know. There are some BIG WT around here. My friends boy missed a big 6x6 on Sat. morning. They said he fired two shots side by side into the wood of the blind they made. Poor kid!! They said it was bigger then the cranker mulies on the wall at his home so I hope he gets another chance at it.
If I could practise some self control and not shoot the first buck I see every year I might get a big one someday LOL. I am motivated by food more than glory it seems.