06' Wyoming Antelope

Talk anything related to Antelope
WYMULEYMAN
2 point
2 point

Post by WYMULEYMAN » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:16 am

Thanks for the comments guys.

Brett, no that ain't no wolf, that is my solid black German Shepard Brodie! :))

He likes to ride along on the antelope hunts, he looks hilarious in that photograph which is why I posted that particular picture, sneaky little dude!!!
IT TAKES ALOT OF SACK TO BAG A BIG RACK

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:24 pm

Well I was gonna say "LOOK OUT, BLACK BEAR!!!!" But Brett beat me to it :thumb

Those are 2 great goats though! Mind telling what unit you were in? Strictly curious, Seams like just about all of S. Wyoming you CAN find a nice goat (maybe not as exceptional as those ones.. but stil..) so I don't think it's too big a deal but to each their own. I'm just curious, dunno why, I guess I can be a little butt like that sometimes :)

Eitherway congrats on some great goats, looks like ya had a heck of a time!!

HighLander
Monster
Monster

Post by HighLander » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:48 am

Congrats to the both of you.

WYMULEYMAN
2 point
2 point

Post by WYMULEYMAN » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:38 pm

All I will say is that the unit is south of Rawlins, which is where I was raised! You are correct in saying pretty much any unit in South Wyoming can be successful on trophy class goats. The funny thing is because of the weather we didn't even really hunt hard or long. We were just lucky I guess. My antelope was killed the first morning after seeing him from a high bluff bedded out in a sage flat. He looked decent so I thought I would take a closer look. We simply drove down the road towards him, knowing he would eventually jump up run. However to my surprise he stayed bedded, I think with all the oil field traffic they get use to all the traffic. Anyways he was good enough for me, allowing me to spend the next four days looking for a good goat for my buddy, as he has taken some good goats but nothing huge. Not five minutes after we finished boning and caping mine out it started raining and snowing. Needless to say anyone that has ever spent five minutes south of rawlins in the weather knows how terrible those roads can be. We ended up heading back to camp with the thought of setting the storm out. It never cleared that day and it rained through the night and into the next morning. Finally the next morning it cleared around nine and we headed out. We hadn't gone more than a mile down the road and I saw the goat my buddy eventually decided to take. He was not sure about this goat but after focusing my spotter on him, it took me three seconds to tell him to shoot him. The rest is pretty much history, I can honestly say it was the easiest antelope hunt ever.
IT TAKES ALOT OF SACK TO BAG A BIG RACK

loco4muleys
3 point
3 point

Post by loco4muleys » Wed May 02, 2007 2:37 pm

Very nice. Great picture on the top one too!