Drew Wyoming Antelope 090-7!!

Talk anything related to Antelope
Muley Shed Freak
3 point
3 point

Drew Wyoming Antelope 090-7!!

Post by Muley Shed Freak » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:20 am

First Antelope tags in my pocket!! Hunted them in Montana, but never in Wyoming. I have a friend lives in Big Piney. Any info on this doe/fawn Antelope hunt for the unit is greatly appreciated! Runs from Sept. 10-Oct. 31... Can't waite!! My first out of state hunt!! Wooho! :thumb

Muley Shed Freak
3 point
3 point

Re: Drew Wyoming Antelope 090-7!!

Post by Muley Shed Freak » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:08 am

Trying to find a place to hang the Antelope if we get them on the ground near Big Piney. Anyone know of a place.. googled and had no luck finding a place. Don't want them to spoil.

Snake River Marksman
3 point
3 point

Post by Snake River Marksman » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:35 pm

There used to be a locker in Pinedale but it closed up a few years ago. Your best bet is to stuff the body cavity with two bags of ice. You may have to run it all the way in to Jackson to actually find a processor. That area is West of HWY 191 and is bisected by Rd 351 and crisscrossed with lots of Gas roads. There are plenty of antelope there and the terrain makes stalking into range pretty easy. It sees a fair amount of hunting pressure but it isn't horrible. I'd try and be there for opening day. The goats are less spooky and the roads are typically dry. We normally get a blizzard in the middle of October and then the roads get near impassable for mud for awhile.

It pretty much looks like this

This was a 90-7 goat

Stupidity is expensive

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:41 am

Nice pics SR! love that big open stuff.

MSF, works good to get the goat hide off, let it cool a bit. Bone and in the cooler with ice.

Muley Shed Freak
3 point
3 point

Post by Muley Shed Freak » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:09 pm

Awesome pics!!! And thanks!!! We are really excited to finally hunt antelope! That is truely antelope country. I need to open a place around there to hang big game I think.. :-k :))

Snake River Marksman
3 point
3 point

Post by Snake River Marksman » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:20 am

If you open a place to hang game and process it, you'll be broke and out of business in two years. What will happen is that you will pay your guys to cut the game up and pay the utilities to run the freezers but your customers won't bother to pay you or to pick up their meat. That's what happened to the locker in Pinedale and it happens WAY too often here in Jackson. Somehow, even getting the money up front doesn't seem to help with people picking up their meat.
Stupidity is expensive