Wyoming unit 25 blm

Talk anything related to Antelope
Robo
Fawn
Fawn

Wyoming unit 25 blm

Post by Robo » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:22 am

I am looking at the blm map for this area and there is a nice big section of BLM in the middle of the unit by Coal Creek Oil Field (northeast of Casper) but i dont see a way to access it, does anyone have any information on how to get to it or is it landlocked by private? Any other help with this unit would be greatly appreciated,including good camping areas. Thanks

Snake River Marksman
3 point
3 point

Re: Wyoming unit 25 blm

Post by Snake River Marksman » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:17 pm

I hunted unit 25 once, but it was during a nasty snow storm so we never got off the pavement. There are scattered blocks of BLM all through that unit. To just kill a buck, you can hunt it from the hwy just fine. If you're looking for a really good buck...... Access is your answer and I just can't help with that too much.
Stupidity is expensive

Robo
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Robo » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:20 pm

Thanks, there seems to be a fair amount of blm land. I'm just not sure if it is all landlocked. Maybe i will try calling the reginal office and see if they can tell me anything. Any more help is appreciated.

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:14 am

Where there are oil wells there are roads going everywhere. I'm pretty sure oil roads on BLM are open to the public. Wells on private are private.

Huntin101
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Huntin101 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:38 pm

I am pretty sure if the land is BLM then there is going to be some sort of public access. I have a paper map of WY for BLM and they are good but somewhat just a pain and once they get used lots, they begin to tare, and they are not updated all the time so have to keep buying a new one. So I found a website that sells maps for a gps. They are sweet and so detailed! My WY maps shows all state lands, BLM lands, National Forest lands, WMU's, and private lands with all the boarders. They are all colored according to they type of land and of couse have all the stuff a map should have like roads, trails, and waters. Using my map has gained me access to lots of land that I never thought I could get to. check them out, www.huntinggpsmaps.com I imagine you would really like them. Good luck with your hunt.

Huntin101
Huntin101

Robo
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Robo » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:15 am

I talked to the reginal blm office and they told me the area i was looking at is 17000 acres of blm but no public access so that really sucks. It is called the "sand hills special management area" too bad it's all landlocked by private. I did look at those gps maps but unfortunatly my gps is not compatible.

Huntin101
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Huntin101 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:54 am

Dang that sucks! I don't understand the point of having that much BLM land but can't get access to it. Well your next step I guess would be asking the private land owners that boarder it. They would possibly let you access it. Some are understanding. Never hurts to ask. Good Luck

Huntin101
Huntin101

Robo
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Robo » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:12 pm

Thanks Huntin101, i will keep calling landowners but nobody answers and nobody will return my calls.I'm sure in the blm areas that are accesible we should do ok, but i like to have a big area where i can hike in and get away from the roads.

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:55 pm

You know what really sucks, I found a place like that in Northern California where two sections of BLM land actually touched at the corner of the sections with the opposite sections being private. You can see the BLM marker from the road which crosses one of the sections of BLM land near the corner. I called the BLM and asked about access and found out that it is trespassing to cross a corner section. Thus the ranch outfitter got to add 20 sections of public land to his overpriced ranch hunts courtesy of you and I. Anybody think that's fair?----------SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

Robo
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Robo » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:11 am

Yeah it's Bull****, but what do you do. Its a pretty good deal if your a rancher who guides hunters and you have additional acres to hunt that belong to us but we cant access.