Albany County Antelope

Talk anything related to Antelope
HoffDawg
Fawn
Fawn

Albany County Antelope

Post by HoffDawg » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:41 pm

I am in Iraq for this hunting season. I am going to try for a tag next year. This will be my first lope hunt. I can't scout areas because I live in Texas, thanks to the Army. I am looking for any info on Walk-In access areas around Albany County. Not looking for a MONSTER, just want to get my feet wet in Antelope hunting. Thanks for looking and any help.

HoffDawg
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Albany County Antelope

Post by HoffDawg » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:28 pm

Ok guys and gals, I am looking at area 39, or 40 in Albany county. Does anyone have any knowledge of either of these Hunt areas? i'm not sure how the draw odds work, but area 39 said 240 quota and then listed numbers under 1st 2nd and 3rd choice. the total only came to 152. so does that mean 88 tags were left for that area?

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:29 pm

i'm not sure how the draw odds work, but area 39 said 240 quota and then listed numbers under 1st 2nd and 3rd choice. the total only came to 152. so does that mean 88 tags were left for that area?]
It seems that your correct. But you can check the Wyoming Game and Fish webiste and see if there were left overs in 2010. I hunted in 42 and 47 in Albany county before and there was leftovers then when I got the tags, and I hunted on public land. Albany county produces some great antelope bucks I have seen a few 15+ bucks in that county.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

HoffDawg
Fawn
Fawn

Post by HoffDawg » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:58 am

Thanks GreatWhite. I will have to look into that.