Anyone know Wyoming laws well?

Talk anything related to Antelope
hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Anyone know Wyoming laws well?

Post by hound_hunter » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:24 pm

Well i'm headed to Wyoming for some good ole fashined speed goat huntin. Not a good unit, Our family has 3 tags for unit 65. Its not too hard of a unit to draw but a great place for a family get together and a fun/easy hunt for an average pronghorn.

My question was this - I was wanting to try and take mine with a bow this year, seems like every year past we sneek up with a couple shots we could take with a bow (usually the goats we decide are too small and just sneak close for kicks). anyways, I searched all over the wyoming game and fish department internet site (i think thats what its called). And found that unit 65 has no special archery season as far as going in earlier. But I could not find if the regular tag that is issued (theres only one type of tag issued for this unit, from what i read) if this tag is an any weapon tag? So if I could bring my bow, and my other family members could use their rifles and we could all be part of the same camp at the same time. I dont see why this would be a problem, but could not find anything on the web site which said i could or could not use archery equipment so i thought id ask some locals to make sure, any help?

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:26 pm

Hound Hunter, I'm pretty sure you need to purchase a archery stamp to hunt with a bow.

You can call game & fish..... 307-777-4600. Make sure you write down the name of the person you talk to, just in case they tell you wrong.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:41 pm

thanks a lot Hiker - Ill be callin them up sometime this week.

Good advice on takin the name too, i never would have thought of that but now that you say it, it could save my butt if im misled somehow.

Anyhow, thanks again and keep it safe out there

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:54 pm

Just lettin everyone know:

Wyoming Game and Fish department informed me that all ya have to do is purchase an archery permit (sold at WGF offices and also some reg. stores or gas stations carry em as well from what i understood) and then I can hunt archery but if at any time I choose to switch back to rifle I may.

If anyone can re-assure me about where I can buy these archery permits then that'd be great.

FYI: Not all units are like this in Wyoming, if you drew a tag there this year and want to hunt archery check the site or call to see how you have to do things for your unit, some units have an archery season where you can go in early.

Thanks to all and keep it safe out there.

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:10 am

If anyone can re-assure me about where I can buy these archery permits then that'd be great.
Any store that sells licenses or you might have to get it at a region G&F office.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:29 pm

check out wyoming game and fish website
THE LORD IS MY ROCK