Kansas Goat

Talk anything related to Antelope
southwind
Monster
Monster

Kansas Goat

Post by southwind » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:27 pm

Not anywhere close to a B&C buck but a good representative animal from Kansas. These farmland goats get out in the big green wheat fields and are hard to get close to especially with the 35 mph winds we had last weekend.

This buck is old his teeth are worn down to nothing and he was a loner probably ran off by the younger dominant herd bucks. I put three stalks on him in two days and he had every counter move for every move I made but on the final morning I was able to craw along a weed strip that was too rocky to plant and get out into the field about 100 yards closer. He never saw me but he was down wind and could smell me and was getting nervous and was a terrace bellow quartering towards me at 286 yards. Since he was directly down wind I had no wind value and took a neck shot and dropped him. The ole pre 64 model 70 fwt in 270 proved it's worth once again.

It takes about six years to draw a tag and big goats are few and far in-between but I am very happy to come home with an old but tasty buck.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kansas Goat

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:13 pm

Nicely done, good looking goat. Should taste great, thanks for sharing.

ABert

Re: Kansas Goat

Post by ABert » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:33 pm

Congrats! And I highly approve of your choice of rifle and caliber!
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.