Who does your big game taxidermy work?

Talk anything related to Antelope
killerbee

Re: Who does your big game taxidermy work?

Post by killerbee » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:16 pm

NotEnufTags wrote:I've only ever had one animal mounted. I went with Above Camp Taxidermy, in Lehi, UT on the recommedation of a friend. I was very pleased with the work and the turn around time.
Taxidermy sized down.JPG
Just in case you're wondering the ear was torn up while the buck was on the hoof. Probably from fighting. I asked that the ear remain torn for character. There's also bits of velvet left on the brow tines and under side of the main beams. I wanted that left too.
dang the is one heck of a buck NOTENOUGHTAGS!!! i see it all the time in your avatar, but the up close shots always remind me how big he is! so, lets just every month or so just throw a random pic of him up for reminders!

ditto to you to BIGR, another friekin toad.

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:20 am

I have only had one animal mounted as well. It was the buck I shot after being over seas for 1 year and 9 month and was a very special hunt with my dad. I had full draw taxidermy do it for me. They did a great job considering the shape the cape was in. Unfortunatley it was very warm that year and some of the cape had to be trimmed down so the neck isn't as big on the mount as it really was. They did a great job considering though.
Attachments
DSCF0050.JPG
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

RynoUT
Fawn
Fawn

Post by RynoUT » Fri May 01, 2009 5:03 pm

Looks good sneekeepete... Here is another mount I had done by Twin Pines. These were 2 year old white sheds when I gave them to him.

grimreaper
Fawn
Fawn

Post by grimreaper » Tue May 19, 2009 12:36 pm

DEADI, whats the name of the guy in toole that did your stuff? i have Dirk Bawden of Big Stuff in Erda do all of my my work! he is one of the best, if not the best in the state imo. he did my 2004 utah archery goat and it is increadible. it has its mouth open just a tiny bit so you can see the bottom teeth if you are paying atention. i didn't ask for anythinc specific i just let him take th reigns and i was completly happy with it!

GUTPYLZ
3 point
3 point

Post by GUTPYLZ » Tue May 19, 2009 8:17 pm

RynoUT, the brisket is all wrong on your deer. He ran the light color of the pit to far out. Other than that, the face looks good. Most people would never know it, but I have one the same way and it bothers the heck out of me. I'm sure he has learned his lesson on that now I'm sure.
"Waste Is Unjustified, And Especially The Waste Of Time.
One Must Live, Not Only Exist.
One Must Do, Not Merrily Be.
One Must Grow, Not Vegetate."
SPENCER W. KIMBALL

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Tue May 19, 2009 9:24 pm

grimreaper wrote:DEADI, whats the name of the guy in toole that did your stuff? i have Dirk Bawden of Big Stuff in Erda do all of my my work! he is one of the best, if not the best in the state imo. he did my 2004 utah archery goat and it is increadible. it has its mouth open just a tiny bit so you can see the bottom teeth if you are paying atention. i didn't ask for anythinc specific i just let him take th reigns and i was completly happy with it!
The guy that did our antelope and my dads elk is Jim Ekins. We were pretty happy with his work.
Deadi

RynoUT
Fawn
Fawn

Post by RynoUT » Wed May 20, 2009 6:44 pm

GUTPYLZ wrote:RynoUT, the brisket is all wrong on your deer. He ran the light color of the pit to far out. Other than that, the face looks good. Most people would never know it, but I have one the same way and it bothers the heck out of me. I'm sure he has learned his lesson on that now I'm sure.
I know what you are talking about and I think it's the form. It's as if the top of the legs were built in to the form, something you don't see on most mounts.