Doe Antelope - Plateau

Talk anything related to Antelope
sharpstick
Fawn
Fawn

Doe Antelope - Plateau

Post by sharpstick » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:35 pm

I got lucky and drew the two-doe antelope tag for the plateau area. Not really familiar with the area but plan on taking a scouting trip down there before the 10/3 opener. I love to bow hunt so I was wondering if there are some good secluded waterholes to place a ground blind? Any help would be appreciated and if anyone else drew this tag and would like to hunt together, please feel free to send me a pm.
Live simple so others can simply live

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Doe Antelope - Plateau

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:32 pm

Lots of Antelope up there, shouldn't be hard to find them at all. Not sure about secluded water holes? But there are some out in the open that could work. Never actually hunted it for Antelope though, only deer once and didn't use a blind.

utahpredator_7
Spike
Spike

Post by utahpredator_7 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:08 pm

I have the archery buck tag and was just down on a scouting trip. There are plenty of waterholes. Most of the little two tracks go to them. Go south a ways too, but not into the quakies clear on the south end. The antelope are real spooky by then. I did the doe hunt with a rifle a couple years ago and it wasn't hard but it may be with a bow.
We should let druggies overdose, gays get married, and in a couple generations there would be no more democrats!

sharpstick
Fawn
Fawn

Post by sharpstick » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:30 pm

Thanks for all your help. I was going to go down there this past weekend but ended up with the family at the 24th festivities. I'll hopefully make it down there in August right before the archery hunts starts. Hope to locate an isolated waterhole with some tracks and then come back in October, setup my blind and at least try the bow for a couple days.
Live simple so others can simply live