unlimited or easy draw antelope areas

Talk anything related to Antelope
orduckhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Re: unlimited or easy draw antelope areas

Post by orduckhunter » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:45 pm

Snake River Marksman wrote:Repeat after me: "There are NO antelope in Wyoming. There are NO antelope in Wyoming. All of the antelope are in Colorado. All of the antelope are in Colorado."
I can do that - but it'll cost you lol

Larry
2 point
2 point

Post by Larry » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:30 pm

there's still 400+ type 1 and doe/fawn tags left in area 7, Joe Sandrini is the Biolgist up there, he's in the New Castle phone directory and will be helpful getting ya headed in the right direction.

I believe there region B deer tags too.
I know my spellings bad!

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:25 am

Montana has the 900 series Archery antelope that covers a lot of area. Not a hard draw. These applications are due by June 1st. Season open mid August. You can also hunt archery with the general region/area antelope licenses with the archery permit. And like mentioned, even though WY has few lopes zzz hunting opportunities are plentiful. :-$

Bowhuntrben
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Bowhuntrben » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:36 pm

Thanks for the tips everybody!

primal215
3 point
3 point

Post by primal215 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:33 am

The best lope hunting is in wyoming pretty much anywhere in the state but everyone seems to know that now so I might suggest montana's eastern side. Montana has a fair amount of lopes and a little better terrain to hide and stalk behind plus less out of state hunters and virtually no archary lope hunters. I lived there for a long time and flung a lot of sticks from my string at those lopes. Good luck on your search for a good hunt.
Last edited by primal215 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

primal215
3 point
3 point

Post by primal215 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:38 am

Snake River Marksman wrote:Repeat after me: "There are NO antelope in Wyoming. There are NO antelope in Wyoming. All of the antelope are in Colorado. All of the antelope are in Colorado."
No there all in florida now try there LOL!!!

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:07 pm

I agree that Wyoming has the most opportunity for goats, but don't overlook the hunts in states such as Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Montana, and New Mexico. These states offer great hunts and should be put in for by someone who is serious about antelope hunting. If you're dedicated, California has been putting out some huge bucks lately but is hard for a non-resident to draw. Oregon has good goats in some areas as well, but again, you'd better be patient. So if you want a quick fix, head to Wyoming like everyone else, but I can attest that great antelpe hunting is available all across the west. Good luck!!! Antelope hunting is so much fun that you might want to start savin those points as you will want to hunt them again and again!----shooter
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen