Wife's 2009 antelope hunt

Talk anything related to Antelope
shedhorn
Fawn
Fawn

Wife's 2009 antelope hunt

Post by shedhorn » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:26 am

It was a great time hunting with the family this is my wifes first speed goat. not to bad for being 5 month's pregnant.

My son loves animals he thought it was the best ever to get to touch it.

This is the whole family what a good time. :)

Snake River Marksman
3 point
3 point

Re: Wife's 2009 antelope hunt

Post by Snake River Marksman » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:56 am

Congrats to both you and the wife.

Rifle make, cartridge, details of the shot etc. are required information! lol
Stupidity is expensive

shedhorn
Fawn
Fawn

Post by shedhorn » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:39 pm

She shot it with a remington 243 sps, 70 grn sierra hpbt. We found him at around 9:00 and she decided she wanted to shoot him. We walked around the edge of the trees but every time we got within 300 yds he would run. We made a big loop in the trees and came out about 250 yds away the wind had started to blow pretty good so she had a dead rest on my spotting scope and let the lead fly. Her first shot hit him and dropped him like a rock. She was excited as we were celebrating we turned and it stood up and took off. We went after it and it crossed through a few trees we sat down in the trees and she shot him again dropping him. Her first shot hit him in the back right above his shoulders i have no idea how he got back up or even walked. It was a great hunt a lot of good memories.

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:08 pm

Nice, nice, goat, looks to me to be about 15 high with nice prongs. Score! What state were you in? Many congratulations to you and your wife and your son.....and oh yeah, the baby was there too and probably heard the shot!!!!
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen