best area for Antelope hunt in wyoming

Talk anything related to Antelope
butt
Fawn
Fawn

Re: best area for Antelope hunt in wyoming

Post by butt » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:40 pm

I am new to hunting and got a tag for area 89 do you have any input of where to go or any help I just got a doe fawn tag. coming from Utah with son and friend but I'm the only one with tag. any info would be great.
Where to go?
name of land owner for permission?
Thanks Dan Butt
Da_butts@msn.com

Snake River Marksman
3 point
3 point

Post by Snake River Marksman » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:25 am

Dan 4 of us are hunting does in 89. I've hunted that area a few times and 88 right next door a few times as well. There is quite a bit of BLM land that is easily accessable and there are a lot of antelope in there. Contact the BLM office in Pinedale and get them to send you all of the maps that cover antelope hunt area 89. (They have an overlay of the hunt areas so they know which maps to pull). Then just pick any piece of accessable BLM land and go hunting. Aw heck I'll even help you out a little more
Turn onto Cottonwood -rye grass road (Sublette county rd 117). Go up a couple of miles and you'll see a telecom shack on the left side of the road. Drive up to that shack and glass the area down below. You'll see antelope out there. Make your way out to them goats and shoot one. Then have your son and buddy carry it back to the truck for you LOL.
Last edited by Snake River Marksman on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stupidity is expensive

Snake River Marksman
3 point
3 point

Post by Snake River Marksman » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:40 am

I've got a little more time before I have to get back to work, so I'll offer some more advice.
If you see antelope on the side of the road as you are driving in, DON'T STOP! By the time doe season is in these goats have been shot at for two weeks. Keep going till you are around a bend or over a hill and then coast to a stop. DON'T SLAM THE TRUCK DOORS! Get out quietly and go back around the bend or over the hill and sneak up on them goats and shoot one. Then have your son and buddy carry it back to the truck for you.
Stupidity is expensive

butt
Fawn
Fawn

Post by butt » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:18 pm

Wow
Thank you so much!!
Do you want to be my buddy? lol
Thanks Dan

Snake River Marksman
3 point
3 point

Post by Snake River Marksman » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:59 am

I'll have all I can do just getting mine and my wifes back to the truck. Luckily for me, Lynne likes to shoot hers in the middle of the road. LOL We'll have to see what happens with my uncle and his father in law.
Stupidity is expensive

butt
Fawn
Fawn

Post by butt » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:15 am

I work for the phone company but I also do custom embroidery.
Can I do you a custom hat for you.
if you have a logo or something you can email it to me and I will put it on a hat or what ever you want.
Thanks again Dan

Snake River Marksman
3 point
3 point

Post by Snake River Marksman » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:44 am

Dan,
Check your control panel for a PM
Stupidity is expensive