Ugly Black Plastic Pistol!!!!!

Talk anything related to Shooting, Reloading, etc.
m gardner
Monster
Monster

Ugly Black Plastic Pistol!!!!!

Post by m gardner » Thu May 19, 2011 5:51 pm

Ugly Black Plastic Pistol!!
Well I finally got the taste out of my mouth that the first Glock I shot left in it. I was playing with a Glock 35, at where else but Sportsman's Warehouse, and the trigger and grip felt good enough to get me to put away my predjudices against ugly black plastic pistols and actually buy it. I dried fired it and became acclimated to the feel of the trigger and holster the first day. Good thing, it went off long before I got on target because I am used to the long DA trigger of my other pistols for the first shot. Shooting into the ground on video would be embarrassing for a hardened expert like me. May have even wept a bit. It's a .40 cal. designed for USPSA shooting. Target sights, long slide, nice trigger. I liked it so much I actually wore it to church this morning and it went unnoticed under my 511 shirt even though it's a really big pistol. It's light enough that it doesn't pull your pants down either so you aren't fussing with it. Nice pistol. Here's video of the first range time with it. It seems to recover extremely well from shot to shot probably because it's long and the barrel is low enough to not cause it to flip up like the XDs I've fired. Need to get some dies and make up some wussy target loads to shoot minor with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQZd7xufIec

chet
Monster
Monster

Re: Ugly Black Plastic Pistol!!!!!

Post by chet » Fri May 20, 2011 8:31 am

Mark, I too went through the "change" ........ I picked up a 23 a few months ago (I didnt want it, but the kid thought it was cool)

The little gun has impressed me! But I still believe that tupper ware belongs in the kitchen lol

Your competition model comes with a nicer trigger and a longer barrel, they really shoot well!!!!!

light target loads work well, and case life is awesome.... However, High power loads shot from my 23 experience alot of case head expansion. Only about 50% survive being sized. And if they get too hot, the case head will separate and break the gun and your hand.
google "glock blow up" and you'll see what I mean. :thumb

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Sat May 21, 2011 7:29 am

I'm in the process of making up some wussy loads for the 40 so I probably won't be having any new adventures in pistolcraft. The thing will disassemble itself. Go figure. Would be bad in combat eh? I would imagine it's from leaving the case head largely unsupported to enhance reliabilty of feeding. I would be willing to bet that someone makes a replacement barrel to stop all or most of that. Dillion Precision in Scottsdale, Az has all kinds of Glock parts. I'll check with them next week.

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Sat May 21, 2011 5:17 pm

Good shooting! Looks like you'll enjoy much more plinking this upcoming year.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Sat May 21, 2011 10:22 pm

sneekeepete wrote:Good shooting! Looks like you'll enjoy much more plinking this upcoming year.
What I do is pretty intense competition. I'll need to get the wife to go and film me some night at the steel shoots. I'm one of the smarter kids. This gun will probably go to the paper shoots. We do some pretty good shooting. The one organization I belong to has a disclaimer you need to sign that basically says that you won't use your superpowers for evil. I guess they're afaid the government may shut them down eventually because we tactically shoot well. I know LEO's that have showed up once and never came back because they were embarrassed. Others keep coming to train. It's like an armed track meet with 2 aimed shoots per second not being unusual for the top "open gun" (space gun) competitors. Here's one of my better practice drills. I thought I had missed but it caught the edge of the target and hit the berm high.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-HH1wys70I