Ammo ?

Talk anything related to Shooting, Reloading, etc.
brn2hunt
4 point
4 point

Ammo ?

Post by brn2hunt » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:49 pm

I usually have my neighbor do reloads for me but i am out of what he gave me due to prairie dogs Lol. I will be going hunting this weekend and my neighbor is gone so my question is if i go buy factory loads will i need to re-sight my gun in or will it not effect my accuracy to much? My guess is that it will change things up and i will need to re-sight but i was wondering how much changing up your load will change your accuracy?
thanks in advance,
Jeremy
"Ne A La Chasse"

wingmaster36
2 point
2 point

Re: Ammo ?

Post by wingmaster36 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:11 pm

Sorry to inform you that you will need to fire the factory ammo IMHO. It is rare for factory and reloads to print the same, but it is not impossible, as my 7 mm Rem mag prints my reloads within a 1/2" of one particular factory load of the same weight. You will need to check it to be safe. Good luck.
"The things that are over my head are under God's feet." Adrian Rogers

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:13 pm

Depending on the load it could make a whole lot of difference. You absolutely must shoot your rifle to confirm that your zero is good. Failure to do so is too risky IMO for sure.------shooter
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

brn2hunt
4 point
4 point

Post by brn2hunt » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:25 pm

I will deffinately be shooting it and was going to anyways. Imo it would be unethical if i didnt. And I could possibly miss the next state record buck who knows [-o< . but i was just hoping I can use as little ammo as possible beings that i am a poor college student! lol
"Ne A La Chasse"