Antler Repairs

Talk anything Taxidermy related.
Shedfreak88
2 point
2 point

Antler Repairs

Post by Shedfreak88 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Here's a couple recent repairs I've finished up recently. Lost all my past repair pics in my hard drive crash or i'd have alot more to show. Also finally got a facebook started up so check it out and like us at Trigger Finger Replicas.
Main beam repair
Main beam repair
before after1.jpg
Back end repair
Back end repair
"Big bucks didn't get big from being killed when they were young, Let Em' Go Let Em' Grow "-KB

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Re: Antler Repairs

Post by Mularcher » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:56 pm

Those look really good hard to tell what was repaired in the after pics. What do you use to color stain or oil paints?
“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear

Shedfreak88
2 point
2 point

Post by Shedfreak88 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:24 pm

I use a mixture of stuff to color the repair every repair is different. I do everything I can to match the color of the originals and I've had to start over many time until I was personally happy with the way it looks
"Big bucks didn't get big from being killed when they were young, Let Em' Go Let Em' Grow "-KB

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:16 pm

Well they look real close if not perfect in the pictures.
“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear

For The Love of It
Spike
Spike

Post by For The Love of It » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:11 pm

Shedfreak88 my dad recently killed a bull in Ely ,Nv it has a broken 3rd on one side and a broken 4th on the other side I'm wondering if on those repairs you are doing can you see the repair or does it actually look like nothing happened. Also do you do this as a business if so where are you located. Thanks

Shedfreak88
2 point
2 point

Post by Shedfreak88 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:37 pm

I do this as a business. The main part of the business is antler/horn replicas but I do the repairs on the side also. I repair most of the antler for the taxidermists around my area. I'm located over here in southern Utah. The goal is to make it look like the broken point was never broken.

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Quality work right there. Looks great! :thumb
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."