Sometimes you just gotta ditch class!!!

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
bonehead
4 point
4 point

Re: Sometimes you just gotta ditch class!!!

Post by bonehead » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:36 am

Ya! 10sign:
Attachments
Bull.jpg

bonehead
4 point
4 point

Post by bonehead » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:43 am

10sign: 10sign:
Attachments
bull2 .jpg

J0n
Spike
Spike

Post by J0n » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:34 pm

It looks like bonehead found my not so secret spot lol As far as getting the pictures that clear it may have more to do with the guys spotting scope rather than my photography skills.

Buck Fever
3 point
3 point

Post by Buck Fever » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:45 pm

Nice pics bone and jon, I would somewhere around 350-360". 10sign:
Must be mentally focused at all times!!

awholelottabull
Spike
Spike

Post by awholelottabull » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:49 pm

That bull looks really familiar. I think I may have last years sheds of that bull, if not, it's a close relative. He'll go 370+. The only think I think that hurts him is the length of his main beam. He's a shooter either way you look at it.

Ready
Spike
Spike

Post by Ready » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:29 pm

He's all of 370 without the kickers. If I had to guess his overall gross score it would definitely be over 380. Awesome bull! Can you imagine what he'll look like next fall!!!!

WOW!!!!!

Dustin

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:39 pm

What is it that you guys/gals are seeing that im not?? #-o

I come up with 340-350 bull plus the extras so im thinking 360 max. I am probably way off, so teach me what im missing for future reference

9er
Watch your top knot!

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:33 am

9er wrote:What is it that you guys/gals are seeing that im not?? #-o

I come up with 340-350 bull plus the extras so im thinking 360 max. I am probably way off, so teach me what im missing for future reference

9er
i'm with you all the way, i cant grow any more inches on him then 350. WHICH IS STILL A GREAT BULL!! in the picture where he is a little farther off he looks a little bigger, but in the close up he shinks a little. and since i mentioning it.... take a look at the bulls right side in both pictures-- that kicker coming off his royal and his 5 ths dont even look similer. in the close up that kicker only looks to be 5 inches long and his 5's look to be 8" long-- in the other pic that kicker looks like a good 8+" long and the 5's looks like it's over 12+" . is it just camera angle??

Ready
Spike
Spike

Post by Ready » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:30 am

Looks like I was one of the higher guesses on his score so I'll tell you all how I got to the final tally!

I'm this expert guide that has seen hundreds of bulls killed and.............. J/K LOL!

The truth is, I have a bull hanging at home that is very similar (scary similar) to this bull. The frame of this bull is matched well with him and mass and tine length. It is a bull that my wife (Steph) shot about 6 years ago. Her bull scores 372. I have 4 other bulls here also that score 321, 345, 362, and 380+ (haven't sat down and really got a good score on the 380, just rough score).

As for the bull in the picture, I disagree with whoever said he had weak 3rd's and 4th's. I think they are pretty good for a bull his size. They aren't spectacular, but pretty good. Someone else said that his mainbeams were short and I would agree ---- I would guess him at under 50" or right at 50". But man look at his eyeguard's, they are longer than his 4th's and I would guess his 4ths at 20" or so. My wife's bull that is 372 has this same type of measurements (ie 49" mainbeams). I think her bull's 4ths are even a little shorter than the bull in the pics.

As far a camera angles, look at each point in each frame (I used bonepilers pics too!). For instance the 5th on his right side looks really short in the second pic (bonepiler's) and looks really good in the first pic. I think that this is due to the angle of the pic, the tine is coming into the camera making it look shorter in the 2nd pic.

I think the extras are 7-8" for the bigger one and 2-3" for the other.

Anyway, that's how I came up with over 380 gross. Just my .02, I'm no expert. Just taking a guess. One thing I'm looking forward to is hopefully someone like bonepiler will get his sheds or at least get a tape on them so we will know how much he really does score. That is called "practice" and it really helps me to judge them in the field and then find out how much they really do score. Go get them sheds guys!

Have a great day,

Dustin

wyo102
Fawn
Fawn

Post by wyo102 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:24 pm

I guess I cant score to well because he looks a lot bigger then 350. I would say in the upper 370’s